Jermichael Finley likely done for season

AboveLegit

The injury news continues to get worse for the Green Bay Packers.

Tight end Jermichael Finley, expected to miss at least three weeks with a right knee injury, is now likely out for the season, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed source.

According to the newspaper, doctors discovered they could repair Finley's meniscus, rather then remove it, meaning a better long-term prognosis for the tight end but a longer recovery period in the short term. Finley's recovery period reportedly is now 8 to 10 weeks.

The 23-year-old Finley has 21 receptions for 301 yards and one touchdown this season.

Finley is among many injured Packers, headlined by quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who suffered a concussion in Green Bay's Week 5 loss at Washington. Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday "it's possible" Rodgers miss miss Sunday's game against the Dolphins but will definitely miss some practice time.

In addition, linebacker Nick Barnett might miss the rest of the season with a wrist injury, linebacker Clay Matthews has a left hamstring strain, defensive lineman Ryan Pickett has an ankle sprain, tight end Donald Lee has a chest sprain and safety Derrick Martin was placed on season-ending injured reserve Wednesday with a knee sprain.

Matthews' injury was not as severe as the one that caused him to miss most of training camp and the preseason. Lee might be out a few weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5681176&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5681176

Ouch, huge loss for the Packers.

Terrible blow to our offense. He was really having a breakout season. I expect Rodgers to suit up on Sunday but Matthews needs to be healthy. Him not being in there killed us late in the Washington game.

I feel terrible for Finley, but I feel almost as bad for everyone here that will have to deal with lkr and his excuses if/when the Packers lose. :lol: .

Injuries can derail any team. I don't see what the big deal is. Had Matthews and Finley been in against Washington the entire game I think we win comfortably. That's not a slight at Washington, but I think we're the better team.

Injuries can derail any team. I don't see what the big deal is. Had Matthews and Finley been in against Washington the entire game I think we win comfortably. That's not a slight at Washington, but I think we're the better team.

They can, but they haven't really affected the Packers too much yet. If Rodgers is out, it's a different story, but when a juicer is out, I could care less.

They can, but they haven't really affected the Packers too much yet. If Rodgers is out, it's a different story, but when a juicer is out, I could care less.

oh yes, Clay Matthews obviously does roids! I love your proof on the matter as well. once again, your jealousy sets in that your team sucks.

Edited by Lkr

oh yes, Clay Matthews obviously does roids! I love your proof on the matter as well. once again, your jealousy sets in that your team sucks.

He's a lottttttttttttttttttttttt bigger than he was in college, and the weight he gained from high school through college is astronomical and near impossible to gain.

I would not be surprised if Taylor Mays was on them as well, so it has nothing to do with jealousy. You're probably just like one of those people that tried to call me out for saying A-Rod was a juicer a few years back, and look who's laughing now.

Brian Cushing was the same way. I just don't think Matthews is clean, and no, I don't have tests to prove it, but I'm highly suspicious of him being on the juice.

So because a teammate of his was a juicer, he is as well? I guess Keith Rivers, Rey Maulaluga are also juicers too.

You were also one that denied Ortiz/Ramirez.

That's the furthest thing from the truth. I've called Ortiz a juicer from day one and have said the Manny probably did them as well.

Phightins will back me up on this as well, so...so much for that.

Have you seen USC or any other top school in the country's S&C programs? They're ridiculous and I'm not surprised at all about his weight gain. We also don't know how much he weighed as a Sr. in high school as well. If anyone was a juicer there it was probably Taylor Mays.

Seriously?

The injuries you guys have suffered are minor in the larger scope of things. Those injuries played a minimal role in you guys losing the games you've lost.

If Rodgers is out for an extended period of time, go ahead and [expletive] about it because that's a big deal, but up until this point, those injuries have had little to no meaning in the Packer's losses so far.

The injuries you guys have suffered are minor in the larger scope of things. Those injuries played a minimal role in you guys losing the games you've lost.

If Rodgers is out for an extended period of time, go ahead and [expletive] about it because that's a big deal, but up until this point, those injuries have had little to no meaning in the Packer's losses so far.

No running game. Missing our secondary. Gtfo

Losing Grant is big, but you're acting like you guys have been sucking because a lot of your players have been injured even though Finley and Woodson got injured LAST game, not the first or second game.

GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't saying Woodson. I was saying Bigby and Harris, which is a huge loss for our defense. We were without Nick Barnett before kickoff.