LeBron To Unveil 'South Beach' Shoe

Pooh25

LeBron James will unveil a new sneaker for Nike that pays homage to Miami's culture, including the Dolphins and Marlins.

The "LeBron 8 South Beach" will be introduced Saturday by James, at a Miami event where the two-time NBA MVP will speak to 100 children.

James said "shoeheads will definitely love it" and that the initial response to the sneaker has been overwhelmingly positive.

The shoes will retail for $160.

Via ESPN

Edited by TheBullsInsider

There's a line of about 80 people outside the House of Hoops at Dadeland right now waiting for the shoe to drop at 4 when he gets there.

Im just getting em tomorrow morning at Niketown.

I was actually gonna go next Friday when I get my bday money so I can pick these up....is the blue really light?

BTW, every new Nike shoe is above $150, no matter what type. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Air max all release shoes at about $160.

Edited by SRV

I was actually gonna go next Friday when I get my bday money so I can pick these up....is the blue really light?

BTW, every new Nike shoe is above $150, no matter what type. Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Air max all release shoes at about $160.

Exactly why I don't buy basketball shoes.

I'm not sure if they'll be around next Friday man. There's a pretty big demand for them but I know the full shipment is coming in on Novermber 12.

Where does the baby blue come from? I mean wouldn't he be dropping a shoe he'll be sporting in Miami this season? Just seems dumb all around to me.

Not to mention the shoe looks weird.

The shoe is a South Beach/Miami Vice theme strictly for Miami. I don't think its sold anywhere but here.