LeBron receives racist tweet and retweets it

BasX

Many athletes get all kinds of unnecessary and ridiculous hate on Twitter.

We've seen Jacory Harris be the recipient of such hate on social media.

LeBron James is no different.

This afternoon LeBron, fought back and put one of what I assume are many, "Haters" out there into cyberspace. He decided to retweet what the person wrote to him.

@RyanOutrich Ryan Outrich

by KingJames

@KingJames continuation to my last tweet, u r a big nosed big lipped bug eyed (racial slur). ur greedy, u try to hide ur ghettoness.

LeBron, then decided to tweet his feelings about the situation:

@KingJames LeBron James

U see world how people feel! Just use it as extra motivation in whatever u do best! No one can stop your dreams from becoming reality!

This is the unfortunate ugly side to social media. Along with, being accesible to... well, everyone.

You have to deal with ignorance and blind hatred.

It's still amazing to me that, the worst thing LeBron has ever done is some silly TV show and this is the kind of reaction he's still receiving.

It also goes to show how misguided some people's anger and energy are in this day and age.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/10/lebron-fights-back-at-racist-tweets.html

• Owner

This is the guy that tweeted to him...

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1138168528/40991_460596854782_555804782_6467932_1189368_n.jpg

Looks like he deleted his account.

And, by the way, people do that to athletes all the time. Someone did that to Brandon Jennings when he first got his Twitter. They do it so the athlete will respond to it, basically re-tweeting it with that person's name, and it's supposed to be cool.

Plus, when you ask for haters to mouth off to you (LeBron declared it "Hater Day" before the guy typed it to him), you're going to get a handful of idiots mouthing off racial slurs and other things you probably don't want to read.

I was following this while I was at school, I laughed at a few. Athletes might get hate, but Lebron is getting most of it just because he left Cleveland. Just to think that if he didn't leave everyone would be praising him right about now.

then he took his sun glasses off and we realized it was just Monta being Monta mayne

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1138168528/40991_460596854782_555804782_6467932_1189368_n.jpghttp://www.warriorsworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Monta-Ellis.jpg

:lol:

Edited by STATCity
  • Like 1

LeBron uses one tweet and makes it seem as though everyone is racist. STFU already! Seriously, not every athlete gets this, only the ones who don't shut up. Am I condoning it? No, but he had it coming. You can't [expletive] on a city and expect to get a pass.

And by the way, how many other athletes do you see posting the crap people send them? LeBron just wants attention, and look, it got on ESPN.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

LeBron uses one tweet and makes it seem as though everyone is racist. STFU already! Seriously, not every athlete gets this, Only the ones who don't shut up. Am I condoning it? No, but he had it coming. You can't [expletive] on a city and expect to get a pass.

Lol I'm sure your reaction would be different had this happened before July 8.

LeBron uses one tweet and makes it seem as though everyone is racist. STFU already! Seriously, not every athlete gets this, only the ones who don't shut up. Am I condoning it? No, but he had it coming. You can't [expletive] on a city and expect to get a pass.

And by the way, how many other athletes do you see posting the crap people send them? LeBron just wants attention, and look, it got on ESPN.

You make a strong point with the 2nd half of your post. Lebron is an attention whore... but we already knew that lol

Edited by Guru™

Lol I'm sure your reaction would be different had this happened before July 8.

You think I don't like him because he left? If he decided to stay, then he would've been loyal, not had the free agency teams come visit, embraced Cleveland. It's a chain reaction. If it happened before 4 years into his career here I would be upset, because then I didn't see that type of person yet. But the three years after I really lost respect for him as a human being as time has passed, so I saw this coming. He's becoming a jerk more and more as his career progress. Becoming ignorant.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

You think I don't like him because he left? If he decided to stay, then he would've been loyal, not had the free agency teams come visit, embraced Cleveland. It's a chain reaction. If it happened before 4 years into his career here I would be upset, because then I didn't see that type of person yet. But the three years after I really lost respect for him as a human being as time has passed, so I saw this coming. He's becoming a jerk more and more as his career progress. Becoming ignorant.

Its obvious you don't like him because he left. There were plenty of indicators regarding his personality while he was in Cleveland, you chose to just brush them off even tough they were brought up on this site multiple times.

So then what do you guys say to Michael Jordan, who used even the smallest thing as a source of motivation? Same thing goes for Kobe, I'm sure he uses plenty of things for motivation and they make him work harder.

Thing is, thats what everyone on this board already knew. Everyone knew he was an egotistical monster, and Cleveland in general just kept feeding it. Everything he did was cute, and he sat on the bench and danced and disrespected other teams. Now he is on our team, and we inherit his ego. I am pretty sure Riley will keep that under control easily.

So then what do you guys say to Michael Jordan, who used even the smallest thing as a source of motivation? Same thing goes for Kobe, I'm sure he uses plenty of things for motivation and they make him work harder.

That's all fine and dandy, but LeBron doesn't need to shove his motivation in our face. Saying he's taking names and now posting this.

I've never seen an athlete keep talking about why he's going to be motivated. That's stuff you keep to yourself. Be humble.

That's all fine and dandy, but LeBron doesn't need to shove his motivation in our face. Saying he's taking names and now posting this.

I've never seen an athlete keep talking about why he's going to be motivated. That's stuff you keep to yourself. Be humble.

If that's his way of getting motivated, then whatever. I rather him do that than dance on the court and during warmups which with his demeanor so far this season, doesn't look like it'll be happening.