How Good can Wall be?

I watched almost every game I possibly could of him last year at Kentucky, and I knew he'd be a great player. But I'm still in shock, he's such an extraordinary player, especially watching him live in person. I think him being around guys like Gilbert, Kirk, Flip, and Sam Cassell will help him tremendously throughout his career.

I think he fits the mold of a Rondo type player (with more potential) than a Derrick Rose. I think John already has Derrick beat on a few things- court vision, speed, and defense. He's going to be a top 3 defensive PG real soon, and will probably be near the top in APG. He's also a decent scorer, his jumper looks solid, obviously it needs a ton of work, but I like the mechanics of his shot and have been saying this since I saw him first play at Kentucky, his work ethic and dedication to the game will make him an above average jump shooter.

In 2 years or so, we will be hearing John's name being mentioned with the likes of Paul and Williams.

• Like 1

• Owner

I watched almost every game I possibly could of him last year at Kentucky, and I knew he'd be a great player. But I'm still in shock, he's such an extraordinary player, especially watching him live in person. I think him being around guys like Gilbert, Kirk, Flip, and Sam Cassell will help him tremendously throughout his career.

I think he fits the mold of a Rondo type player (with more potential) than a Derrick Rose. I think John already has Derrick beat on a few things- court vision, speed, and defense. He's going to be a top 3 defensive PG real soon, and will probably be near the top in APG. He's also a decent scorer, his jumper looks solid, obviously it needs a ton of work, but I like the mechanics of his shot and have been saying this since I saw him first play at Kentucky, his work ethic and dedication to the game will make him an above average jump shooter.

In 2 years or so, we will be hearing John's name being mentioned with the likes of Paul and Williams.

That's pretty much it.

Can't really say it much better than AboveLegit just did.

He's going to be the best point guard in the league in the next couple seasons, and maybe even the best player as well. Not only is he a great scorer and passer, but he's been extremely good with the ball. Some of the main concerns about John Wall coming out of the draft, were his ability to handle the ball without turnovers. Thus far in the preseason he's handled it exceptionally well, and I really believe this kid is going to be one of the top players, if not the top player in the NBA in a couple seasons. Washington's future looks very bright right now.