Replying to Real's post

This is important... you said:

People do anything necessary for money. You claim all it takes is to be focused and to be determined, and to believe? Bull[expletive].

I didn't say that's ALL you have to do to become rich... it's the very FIRST step.

Believing is the very first step... you have to believe to make something happen. Without belief, whatever you do will not last long. The next step is to organize a plan and put your belief into ACTION. Action is the ultimate affirmation of your belief... they say, "you don't truly believe in something until you do it or do something that reflects your belief."

- People who truly believe in something will act that produce outcomes that reflect their beliefs.

- People who believe in something but never act on their nothing will happen to them... in fact, their belief (if not acted on) will disappear over time

- People who have a highly organized plan but don't believe in the plan will never persevere when things get rough... it's the belief that keeps them going. They will crumble when they're hit with a 1st failure and 2nd failure... which INEVITABLY will hit any business.

---

I will give you an example that you can relate to very much: when OTR was hacked and all members and posts were eliminated, it didn't crush you... you said something like, "OTR will be back stronger than ever." when other forum owners would easily just quit. Out of hacked community forums, OTR is one of the few that came back up after it's hit the hardest. If you want to put this analogy into financial riches, if there's only 1000 billionaires in the world of 7 billion people, OTR is probably that one billionaire out of that 1000 forums in the world of 7 billion forums.

- What kept you going when other forum owners would have quit if they're in your position, and their forums were hacked to rubble?

Rewind to 7-8 years ago, when you were still at JBB and other forums, prior to OTR's existence... you must have dreamed and desired your own basketball community forum. And that led you to dreaming about it every night... desiring it, until you firmly believed in your mind (0% doubt) that you're going to create a basketball forum. That's also called "decision" to create a basketball forum (similar to a decision of people "deciding" to become rich).

Once you firmly believe in your desire, you decided to carry out that belief... via plans... then you put the plans into action. And tada... OTR was born... through some unsupervised promotion PMs on JBB also lol

The belief, the love, persevered you through numerous hack attempts by these low lives over the years. Even when the unimaginable hit, when OTR was destroyed to nothing... you said it's going to stand back up and become even bigger than it was. You did it.

Business owners/ people who quit their dreams in the journey can look at you with admiration. They can learn something from you. Even for the people who are set to embark on their journey for the first time (like me) can also look at this and observe how you persevered through the tough times, even when you had your own medical problems with your eyes and diabetes, which made the hard going twice as difficult. It's truly admirable... OTR is one of the symbols of success. In fact, I promise myself in my journey to riches when I am faced with a failure (which I certainly will be) I will remember OTR, how it kept standing up after being knocked down over and over...

Even if your dreams are no longer financial riches, you are and should be considered a big success for standing firmly in your belief and never letting anyone/ anything destroy your dream of a tight basketball forum community.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

^Dude if you don't like my posts just leave/ ignore them.

I am not overly concerned about your posts like you seem to be about mine, to be honest. -_-

It has nothing to do with me liking or hating your post, that's irrelevant. It's just that you posted virtually the same thing every other post in that tax topic, it completely derailed the discussion, people started to not take anything you said seriously, and Brandon closed it as a result...yet you make an entirely new topic to continue on? If he closed the topic, what makes you think he wants to reply to this one? What makes you think ANYONE wants to continue on with it?

^I was responding to their posts... e.g. Real said it's bs for anyone to get rich by their determination and belief alone... so I responded... that's a discussion. You and I also had a discussion, you posted what you had to say so I responded to your posts... which were actually a discussion until you resorted to telling me to "watch my [expletive]ing mouth when discussing you" when I wasn't even discussing you in that particular post, but rather Real (at least as far as his initial dreams of riches are concerned).

People change their dreams, for Real it's from being a financial success to creating a successful basketball board... which he did successfully. He's a failure from his own financial dream standpoint, but a huge success (imo) from creating and maintaining a successful basketball community forum.

You guys are wrong, the 2-3 months I was banned. I followed Snake's logic and his well said thoughts. I never ever flinch anymore and with that power, I made over 200,000 dollars in the last couple of months. If you dont flinch, you show power and get money.

:lmao:

• Like 1

You guys are wrong, the 2-3 months I was banned. I followed Snake's logic and his well said thoughts. I never ever flinch anymore and with that power, I made over 200,000 dollars in the last couple of months. If you dont flinch, you show power and get money.

bahaha

Guys, I never tried to mean that "creating a basketball forum" is the same as "becoming rich".

They're different goals of course... but where they're the same is: they're a goal.

Becoming rich, creating a basketball community board, becoming an NBA player, becoming a doctor, owning a big-[expletive] house by the beach, having a collection of cars... ALL of these are different, however they remain the same: a goal.

I just happen to have a goal of "becoming rich", Real had a goal of "becoming rich" when that didn't turn well he shifted to having a goal of "giving the community a basketball forum", some of you have a goal of probably "being a celebrity/ movie star"... and however different they are, they have one thing in common: they're a goal.

I need you guys to know that I NEVER mean:

- "Becoming rich" is better than any other goal

- That I'm better than you guys/ people just because I have a goal of "becoming rich"

"Becoming rich" is just one of so mannny goals a person can have. It is different than "creating and maintaining a basketball forum" but where it is the same is they are a goal.

Goals can be material (money, cars, women, houses, basketball forums) or spiritual (happiness). One is not better than the other. If I ever imply that my goal (of becoming rich) is better than other goal or makes me better than the next person, then I apologize... it's never intended that way.

---

But I wish to say this... I hope you guys never discourage people who have a goal of "becoming rich" by ridiculing them by saying to them that it's impossible... because it is the same as someone telling you that "creating and maintaining a basketball forum successfully" is impossible... "having big house with pool" is impossible... "becoming a movie star"/ "writing a successful novel" is aiming too high... etc.

You wouldn't want someone telling you that you can't achieve your goal/ dream.

You guys have to remember "becoming rich" is the same with other goals, in the respect that: they're a goal. They're different in that they go on different journeys and different undertakings, but they're a goal. People who have a goal of "happiness/ religiously committed" will look, act, shape differently than people who have a goal of materials such as "becoming rich", "owning houses", or "women". In other words, people who have different goals than yours will be different than you, but you must recognize that no matter how different you and they, we are all driven by the same one thing: goal.

I would just say, no matter:

- How naive (before light bulbs were invented, people thought Thomas Edison was naive/ just plain crazy trying and failing 10,000 times before... he succeeded)

- How unrealistic (before planes were invented, people would think someone dreaming of flying was just naive/ plain insane)

- How impossible (before phone was invented people thought it was impossible to have an electronic device that connected people miles apart, before TV was invented people thought it was impossible to broadcast live news before it hit the next morning's paper... before internet was invented people thought it was impossible to send letters/ messages in second instant not days/ weeks long physical letters)

... a dream/ goal is, never destroy it. Be it your own goal, or someone else's.

If you start telling your friends, best friends, siblings, families, even yourself that you/ they CANNOT DO something, it's the greatest disservice you can do to you/ anyone. And when you have children one day, you will also say the same thing that they CANNOT DO before they even begin dreaming.

So if you have a dream/ goal (be it "becoming rich", "becoming a movie star", "inventing teleport device", "creating and maintaining a basketball forum board that will be sure hacked numerous times by jealous competitors", "becoming a singer") you have to protect it... don't let ANYONE tell you you cannot do it, not your parents, not your best friends, not even yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_yW3152Ffc

I love ya guys :wub:

So basically, you are saying what pretty much everyone learns when you are little. If you have dream or desire, set goals to achieve it. Thats what basically I'm getting. I don't think this a new or a hidden tactic.

This is the most obvious ideology. Common sense.

I find it pretty funny how you complain about all of my posts being too long and unecessary (which I admit to being pretty bad at), yet you constantly go on these incoherent rants that can be summed up in one sentence.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I find it pretty funny how you complain about all of my posts being too long and unecessary (which I admit to being pretty bad at), yet you constantly go on these incoherent rants that can be summed up in one sentence.

Naive incoherent rants, to add to your sentence. Some of this stuff sounds like its just recycled off every google website he could find (written of course by other naive incoherent kids).

• Like 1

^Read my posts carefully... they are a response to members' posts. To understand my posts, you need to read the other members who posted before me. My posts are a response to other members' posts.

Making money is logic, common sense... but a lot of people think making money is so difficult they shy away when the subject of money is discussed.

Those people who wear suits, drive fast cars and speak complicated financial jargons to make themselves sound smart probably don't understand what they're talking about themselves. Multi-millionaire Robert Kiyosaki said if someone can't explain a financial term/ definition to a 9 year old in 7 minutes or less, chances are they don't understand it themselves (that's why ALL Kiyosaki books are so easy to read, it's like reading comic books, no exaggeration it's so easy... you will keep reading esp if you have interests in the financial aspect of your life).

That's why my posts sound so basic they often sound naive... but money-making is basic and very simple.

People tend to overcomplicate things especially when it comes to their financial life... that's why they hate the subject of money/ shy away/ run away from it... some even treat the subject as taboo as if money is an obscene. Yet they wake up so early the next morning when they don't want to, jam into a packed train/ bus when they don't want to, fighting traffic those in their own car... everyday for the rest of their life... all for... money.

Guest The REAL STL10

^

Multi, you realize America has the biggest class system in the world, right?

You need to stop tossing around this false hope, and realize that if you grow up in the ghetto and can't bank a shot or drop a beat...

You're [expletive]ed...

Anyways, I see the point you're trying to make, but is it really feasible for a lower class person to rise to wealth just by hard work?

Pursuit of Happiness is a rare case.

So rare that they made a movie out of it.

There is a reason you never see the super rich become the super poor.

Old money runs America, and America is run by a class system.

• Owner

but money-making is basic and very simple.

This is exactly why you're getting the cold shoulder from EVERYONE on the site.

If it's so simple, and none of us are rich, you're basically calling everyone stupid and incapable of successfully making money, because it's soooo easy.

It's so easy? Why is it your life-long goal? Why is it not your month-long goal? Why is it a goal to begin with, since it's so easy?

People are getting pissed because you act like it's easy. You even SAY it is, but you ignore the fact that there are only 1,000 billionaires on this Earth.

It's getting pretty damn annoying, to be honest. This is exactly why you didn't get a personal forum for this. Everyone on OTR would've turned their heads and ignored it (like they were doing), or would've given you negative attention.

But, well, you'll see for yourself, I guess.

^Because, again, money making is easy... but people tend to overcomplicate things.

They think it is HARD why? Because the only way majority of people know how to make money is: via working/ job. Anything else is "beyond their reality"... when it's actually very well within their reality.

Majority of people want "assurance", "security", and "safety"... that's why they take the safest choice, job with long-term security... but abundant riches do not go hand-in-hand with security.... abundant riches will come to people who seek freedom (not security) in their lives.

People say "investing is risky"... of course it is... IF you don't educate yourself.

Stock investing: If you have a chance to invest your money in 1.) shares of Lakers or in 2.) shares of some random chinese team in Chinese League? Which one would you invest your money in? Of course, in the organization that you have most knowledge in... knowledge about the organization: how good the team is, you know the personnel: coaches, players, etc. Would you invest in Facebook or MySpace? This is all common sense.

You don't know about a certain company and want to invest in their shares? Don't guess, don't hire an expert to give you "hot tips"... that's where people lose their money. Research and find it yourself!

Real estate investing:

- That spare room in your house/ apartment can be rented to get a passive income...

- That $250/week apartment that consists of 3 rooms, you know each room can be rented for $150/ week. If you rent all rooms, you get a profit of $200/week ($450 - $250). Ask tenants to pay their own bills. A $200/ week income is $870 per calendar month income with you not working. And it's just one property.

- You can buy a $600,000 property which consists of 2 rooms, and turn it into 3 rooms and sell if for $800,000. $200,000 capital gain profit in less than 5 months.

- You can buy a $600,000 property, 90% loan from bank, and rent the rooms and essentially making the tenants pay for your monthly mortgage...

Of course, not all properties will give you a $870/ month income... or not all properties can give you a $200,000 capital gain profit if you simply just add a room. It all depends on the LOCATION... e.g. near city suburbs will probably have an average rental of $250/ week for 1 room, whereas those located 10-15 miles/ further from city only rents for $100-150/ week.

In investing, you have to KNOW first before you DO. Too many clueless people say, "I have $30,000 to invest... what do you suggest I invest in?"

---

Another common mistake to most people is not knowing the difference between Assets and Liabilities.

Simple defined:

- Assets PUT money in your pocket.

- Liabilities TAKE money our of your pocket.

So before you say your house, your car, your HDTV, your PS3 are your assets because "I lovveeeeee them very much"... think again. They're in fact liabilities... because they TAKE money out of your pocket.

People then will say, "houses in my area have a steady increase in value... and in 10 years it will double the money I purchased it for."... yes... but will they actually sell it? Until they sell it, they will not realize the profit... and what do most people do after they buy their "dream home"? They keep it forever. So for as long as they own the house, paying the mortgage every month, the house is deemed as a liability because it TAKES money out of their pocket every month.

Bankers will say "your house is an asset" but they do not tell you WHOSE asset it really is. It is THE BANK's asset... because you're paying the mortgage every month to the bank.

Every item that you own right now is a liability because they cost/ at one point cost you money... they TAKE money out of your pocket.

That's why people bought house/ nice cars/ boats/ shoes/ expensive clothes because they thought they're ASSETS... when they're really LIABILITIES. Before they know it, they dedicate a HUGE chunk of their lives just to catch up with their credit cards and bills they used to pay for these "assets".

But these liabilities can be instantly turned into assets IF you rent/ sell them. If you have to pay $2000 mortgage (including tax and insurance) for your house every month, but your it has 2 spare rooms, if you can rent the 2 rooms for a combined of $3000 every month, that means it gives you $1000 every month without you working. This when an item is called an ASSET because it PUTS money in your pocket.

---

It's so easy? Why is it your life-long goal? Why is it not your month-long goal? Why is it a goal to begin with, since it's so easy?

Investing is a plan... usually a long term plan.

Don't be deceived/ lured by the "get rich quick Wall Street" style/ stock investing and get rich in 1 day... it doesn't happen... unless you're extremely lucky and you actually count entirely on luck for your financial life.

It is easy and simple but you have to have the knowledge in what you're investing. You can't just try to sell a product/ be in a business you don't have any knowledge in.

Real, do you think you can invest in a computer shop business, which I assume a field that you have a lot of knowledge in? Or would you rather invest your money in a restaurant business... which I assume a field that you have very little of knowledge in... unless your brother Terry can actually give some knowledge that he has from being a pizza chef...

It is you (the investor) who is really the asset or liability, not the stock/ business. Buffet bought failing businesses seemingly at the end of their business lives with little - 0 hope, and turned them into powerhouses... one of them is a $150 billion worth Berkshire Hathaway. But some bought a business with seemingly bright prospects in a hot location... and destroys the business. Whether something is an asset or a liability really depends on you as the investor/ owner.

---

Lastly, people live in 2 worlds:

- World of financial scarcity

- World of financial abundance

People in world of scarcity will say, "do you think money grows on trees?"... "do you think I'm made of money?"... "I can't afford it"... "making money is hard... work is the only way you make money".

People in world of abundance will say, "don't worry about money. If we do the right things, there will always be plenty of money."... "don't let not having money be an excuse for not getting what you want."... "making money is easy if you love what you're doing, know it, and invest your time and money in it."

Scarcity and security go hand in hand. That is why people who seek job security or guarantees are often the people with less abundance in their life. As long as you live in world of scarcity, you will always think that riches are for those who "get extremely lucky"... that you're not worth the riches... etc etc.

Change the way you think... if you are not already in world of abundance.