Replying to Real's post

Allowance? Really?

I've given money to people who need it. I just didn't do it on a random forum because my get rich quick seminar told me wealthy people are generous people.

I'm tired of people like you who see a thing such as giving $10 away as this bad thing. You try to see everything (I do) in a negative way that even giving away $10 is this bad thing... it makes me sick.

If clutching your money, hiding it under your bed make you feel better, then do it... it's your money. It's your choice.

My choice to do with my money is to give some of it away.

I'm not this naive person you're trying to make me to be... do you really think DaBearFan (guy who won it) NEEDed that $10? Of course not... that's just some fun "$10 give away" game. Do you think I think giving away $10 will make me rich? Gimme a break dude... What I believe is not the money that will make me rich, but the generous attitude. Is giving $10 generous? Not really, $10 is nothing, at least compared to $1000, or $1000000 donations some people make. But it's the giving attitude that is important.

Some people who do not have money to give away are generous by being helpful to other people, by being gracious, sharing their happiness and laughs with other people, by their attitude and personality to serve other people... I'm still working on these and if my money can somehow make up for a little/ some of these deficiencies of the generous attitude that I don't have yet then I'm gonna start by giving out a portion of my money.

If you don't understand well, it's cool dude, not like I expect people who see giving away $10 as this such bad thing like you to.

The Reason, if you have given money to people who need it, that's good news, I hope you can continue that giving attitude. It will do good first and foremost for you and then the people who you're generous to. :)

Cool video:

But Suze Orman is spot on why generosity relates to riches, why stinginess relates to poor/ stagnancy:

She says, "Most of us go through life holding on so tightly (clenching/ closing fists) to that which we really don't have (money)... because we don't have enough, so the little that we have we hold on to so tightly... that our hands literally are not open to receive that (riches) which is meant to come our way. There is only one way that I know to force the opening of the hands, and that is through giving. Giving, not so that you can get back... but giving so that you can have values."