Tyreke Evans vs. LeBron James: Rookie Season Comparison

The Lone Granger

There's been a lot of comparisons between these two guys. They have the same kind of take it right at you gameplay, and they put up very similar numbers in their rookie seasons.

LeBron James: 2003-04 Season

20.9 PPG, 5.9 APG, 5.5 RPG, 1.6 SPG.

Tyreke Evans: 2009-10 Season

20.1 PPG, 5.8 APG, 5.3 RPG, 1.5 SPG

Those numbers are incredibly close. Just thought I'd compare them simply because I've enjoyed the debates about them. Basically I want you guys to look at the rookie seasons of both of these guys and compare their games, and maybe even their futures? Does Tyreke Evans have the potential to play similar to LeBron?

Thoughts?

• Owner

I don't think Tyreke will hit that level of play LeBron has, at least not reaching potential triple-double status as frequently. He's obviously not as big as James (in height or weight, or muscle mass...LeBron probably has 25 pounds on him, at least), so the rebounding will almost always be in James' favor. Possibly driving to the rim.

Assists really depends on how Evans plays with Cousins. Eventually, he could average double-digit assists, but I'm leaning towards him being more of a scorer than a Steve Nash.

Statistically, I don't think he'll catch up.

Overall playing abilities, it's possible, but LeBron is pretty far ahead right now. Evans does a lot of things good. James does a few things GREAT, and a lot of things really good.

Hard to compare. It's definitely interesting, though.

I always think Evans as a baby LeBron... they play similar style... LeBron likes to drive coast to coast in traffic with speed and power, it's the same with Evans.

I don't know if he can be as dominant as LeBron scoring wise... and rebounding wise. The only department he could come close is assist.

LeBron is the total package... Evans is a poor man's LeBron.