Cockiest player of all-time

Real Deal

id say thats more of him being stubborn than cocky... he still thinks he can play ball like he could 10 years ago... the past two years are more of him being hard headed and not understanding that you can't be detrimental to team chemistry without being a top player in the league. id say most teams will put up with you if you're a dick if you are a top player.. and Iverson didn't understand that he wasn't a top player anymore.

Yes Iverson being stubborn has a lot to do with it but don't neglect the fact that his confidence is what makes him so cocky.

don't forget alonzo mourning. too bad for him pat ewing was better.

Zo was cocky? I think you're confusing intense with cocky.

Oh, and Zo has a ring and actually contributed to the team that won it. Gimme that guy all day.

Zo was cocky? I think you're confusing intense with cocky.

Oh, and Zo has a ring and actually contributed to the team that won it. Gimme that guy all day.

lol. patrick ewing was definitely better then alonzo morning. and yes zo was intense but he was definitely really cocky.

i have a lot of respect for mourning though for sure, the knicks heat battles were great.

lol. patrick ewing was definitely better then alonzo morning. and yes zo was intense but he was definitely really cocky.

i have a lot of respect for mourning though for sure, the knicks heat battles were great.

Its debatable between Zo and Mr. Chewing but I'd probably say Chewing was the better player by a slim margin though.

I just don't see how Zo was so cocky lol. I always thought he was one of the more humble guys out there, especially after he got sick.

Its debatable between Zo and Mr. Chewing but I'd probably say Chewing was the better player by a slim margin though.

I just don't see how Zo was so cocky lol. I always thought he was one of the more humble guys out there, especially after he got sick.

it's not really that he wasn't humble he was he just had a swagger and cockiness about him when he played the knicks. man those were the days. when the nba games were 78-75 finals.

Its debatable between Zo and Mr. Chewing

I've always had a lot of respect for Zo, I've always liked him a lot and he was a very good player indeed but no it certainly is not debatable between him and The Beat of The East. Patrick was CLEARLY the better player of the two.

Defensively the two players were almost the same, two huge defensive players who were actually not known for their offense at all when they arrived in the big league. The two players quickly improved offensively and became very good offensive players, especially Ewing. And it's here that we see the big difference between the two players. As good an offensive player as Zo became he not only didn't have Ewing's shot (arguably the best shooting center in the history of the game with Walton, Laimbeer and Sabonis) but he didn't have his repertoire.

Ewing was also a better rebounder and much better passer than Zo. It is also important to consider that Ewing was All Star 11 times while Zo was 7 times.

Pat was also better in terms of leadership. When the Knicks and Heat met in the playoffs, the Knicks won almost every time (in fact the Zo's Heat beat Ewing's Knicks only once, 4-3, in 97, other than that the Ewing always led his team to the win).

So as good as Alonzo was (and he sure was good), a case just can't be made for him over Pat. Ewing was clearly the better player of the two.

Edited by Oliver P

LBJ is really, really cocky, but on the court he tends to have his head on straight. When I think cocky, I think of people like JR Smith, Stevie Franchise and Paul Pierce, who make you want to smack them when you see the things they do during games.

MICHAEL JORDAN

Jordan was a little more vocal w/ his cockiness than Kobe is IMO, so i give it to him...

everything out of bron bron's mouth is just noise until he wins something...the definition of cockiness in general will be brought to a whole nother level once he does win something

Edited by Game