Arron Afflalo or Jared Dudley

Multi-Billionaire

Both are very good defenders, and both are very good 3pt shooters.

Dudley is taller and maybe a bit heavier than Afflalo. Dudley has a chance to check short/ skinny PFs than Afflalo.

Afflalo is a gym rat, probably is a more all-around offensive player inside the 3 pt line.

Like both players but I pick my man AA :) I may be biased though.

Both players are solid but the tiebreaker for me was Dudley's length and athleticism. Afflalo is the better lockdown defender but personally I would rather have Dudley's hustle and ability to crash the boards.

Afflalo>>>>Dudley on the defensive end. I don't even know how Dudley got the "good defender" tag when the postseason rolled around last season. To me it seemed like the media just overhyped the Suns/Lakers series and made Kobe vs. Dudley a big time matchup, which it wasn't. He's average at best imo.

Offensively I'll take Dudley, he's one of the top 3 pt shooters in the league. I'm hearing alot of hype (mostly from Multi-B) about AA improvement on the offensive end of the floor, but until I see I won't believe it.

Overall I'll take AA, he's one the premier perimeter defenders in the league and can provide just enough on the offensive end.

I'm hearing alot of hype (mostly from Multi-B) about AA improvement on the offensive end of the floor, but until I see I won't believe it.

Before tonight's game vs. Suns (7 preseason games): 19.9 ppg, 49.5 FG%, 41.9 3PT%, 34.9 mpg.

Tonight's game vs. Suns: 24 pts, 10 assists, 9 rebounds (9-19 FG, 2-7 3PT).

These are "only" pre-season games, but he's pretty consistent in these 7-8 pre-season games, never scoring more than 30 pts, and scores at least 15.

Last season, he was mainly, almost exclusively a stand in the corner, catch and shoot three pt shooter...

This season, he has expanded his game (and George Karl has given him green light to venture inside 3pt) to cuts to the basket, post up guards, and a little one-on-one (break down defender off dribble). His biggest improvement is the offense inside the 3 pt line... and another improvement is he is more comfortable shooting off the dribble (including 3pt), whereas last season he would have shot the ball out of rhythm if he shot it off the dribble.

In fact, his offense has improved so much and it's clear that AA is focused more on his offense, that I am concerned he would have slippage in his defense.

Afflalo>>>>Dudley on the defensive end. I don't even know how Dudley got the "good defender" tag when the postseason rolled around last season. To me it seemed like the media just overhyped the Suns/Lakers series and made Kobe vs. Dudley a big time matchup, which it wasn't. He's average at best imo.

Dudley is a good defender... but I might have to watch more of his games.

---

Whatever it is, if you play Fantasy (I don't), time to pick up Afflalo when he's dirt cheap... and Ty if he's cheap too... because soon/ late, Nuggets are going to trade Melo and they Nuggets are going to rely offensively on both these guys. J.R. is too inconsistent to be relied on.

I think Dudley is a good defender, he can guard almost any guard, small forwards and a few power-forwards. I think height gives him an advantage on defense over Affalo as Dudley would be able to guard taller players. But I still think Affalo is still the better defender.

As for offense I think Dudley is better than Affalo. Dudley is better than Affalo in three-pointers. Dudley can also finish inside although his not great inside I still think Dudley's overall offensive game is better than Affalo.

Overall I think Affalo may have a slight edge over Dudley, but only slightly.