DeMar DeRozan plays with Dislocated finger

fish7718

Toronto Raptors wing DeMar DeRozan dislocated his finger during a preseason game, but returned to the game. Posted by Ben Golliver.

Don't you just love the late night freak injury posts that we can't stop putting up? The other day it was Stephen Curry rolling his ankle.

Tonight, we up the gruesomeness substantially. Check out what happened to Toronto Raptors wing DeMar DeRozan, who dislocated his finger during a 108-103 preseason win over the New York Knicks in Montreal, Canada, on Friday night.

Here's a fuzzy screen grab, but you can still feel the pain.

demar-derozan-finger

Via @justcallmejuice on Twitter.

The injury occurred during the second quarter and forced DeRozan to leave the game, but he returned to the court during the second half. After the game, DeRozan posted on his Twitter account that everything was all good. "My finger is good, trainer pop'd it back in so I'm good."

Source

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/demar-derozan-finger.jpg

What a player, in a preseason game too. You hear dislocated and you figure the player is out at least 2-3 weeks, but DeRozan goes back in the locker room, relocates it, and comes back out, in a preseason game. I think I'm starting to become a DeRozan fan.

Guest The REAL STL10

I broke my right index finger while playing a game and just played the remaining 3 quarters.

You just avoid going up for rebounds or tough shots.

The hardest part is passing.

DeRozan is a warrior though, he's gonna be a solid NBA player for a long time.

Damn, that must take some huge amount dedication to the game to come back and play with the dislocated finger in a pre-season game... Hopefully it doesn't keep him out or injured for too long.

He'll be fine.

He came back into the game and didn't play any different than he normally does from what I saw. He had a couple of drives to the hoop where he initiated contact and got the foul line. He wasn't handling the ball any different than normal either. His shot was a bit off, but who knows if that was a result of the injury or him just being an inconsistent shooter.

Didn't he state that Kobe was his favorite player? :lol:

Yup.

Like BasX said, he wears number 10 beacuse Kobe wore it in the Olympics. He has also tried to model his game after Kobe's, which you gotta love even though he clearly doesn't possess a fraction of the talent that Kobe has. His turnaround jumper in the post is pretty similar to Kobe's, though. We just haven't seen it much in the NBA due to him never being put into that position. He showed it a bit during the Summer League and when he was playing in the Drew League (posted a highlight package in the summer).

Edited by Built Ford Tough