World Series Discussion: Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants

Cobb

Bumgarner/Posey will be the first World Series battery with both guys younger than 24 since 1970 (Johnny Bench, and I forget the pitcher). Pretty ridic.

both rookies need to step up.

we need to go up 3-1 here. id be pretty nervous if it went 2-2 with Cliff Lee next up to take the hill for the Rangers on their home field.

Interesting Giants lineup. No Burrell, Huff DH, Ishikawa and Schierholtz playing. Man, I am going to miss seeing the Burrell Curl 3 or 4 times tonight. Seeing it really brings me back to the old days.

Took 79 pitches for Tommy Hunter to get his first swing and miss. Wow. Already well over 80 and just in the 4th.

Tight strike zone combined with guys who aren't throwing strikes = we are in for a long game.

[expletive]ing missed the play man, i got busy at work. Still waiting on a replay.

Hah, routine fly ball somehow carried all the way over the center field wall. I can't remember the last time I saw a ball carry that far.

Again...and don't take this the wrong way Giants fans, but they are getting very lucky. Have been the entire postseason. Nothing wrong with it, though...it is just their year. A pretty magical run.

Um....Aaron Rowand was on deck. As much as Renteria usually sucks, don't you have to pitch around him? As per the norm in this series, Bochy is making all the right decisions, Washington all the wrong ones.

Hindsight FTW.

Edited by Phightins