Manny wants to be a Jay

Guest The REAL STL10

Guest The REAL STL10

"Manny Ramirez would like to play for the Blue Jays under new manager John Farrell, the slugger told ESPN's Enrique Rojas (story in Spanish). Ramirez and Farrell crossed paths on the Red Sox, of course. Manny added that he had hernia surgery two weeks ago and was never 100% during the season. He feels like he has a lot of baseball left and can stay healthy as a designated hitter."

LINK

Translation....

While the Blue Jays are preparing to formally introduce John Farrell as their new manager, Manny Ramirez praised the movement and put the Canadian set your preferred list to play next year.

Farrell met Manny in Boston in 2007

"John is a huge connoisseur of the game, an affable man and a players coach," Ramirez said in a telephone interview with ESPNdeportes.com on Monday from his home in Miami.

"Toronto has made a tremendous acquisition. Farrel is a manager for which I would play, Toronto is a team that I liked since I had all these great Dominicans in the eighties," Ramirez said.

Farrell, 48, has been the pitching coach of the Boston Red Sox since 2007, when the group won its second championship in four years, with Ramirez in the heart of the lineup.

Ramirez, 38, will be a free agent after the World Series. The Dominican hit .298 with 9 homers and 42 RBIs in 2010 with Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox in a season was limited to 265 shifts a sore right knee and a left groin hernia that required surgery two weeks ago.

Ramirez had discomfort in the groin during most of the season, but decided to wait until the end to be operated.

"I was never one hundred percent but I would love to play," Ramirez said.

"The doctors told me not to undertake any work of baseball for six weeks, which means you wait until mid-November to start my winter training," Ramirez said.

In 18 major league seasons, Ramirez hit .313 with 555 homers and RBIs 1.830.The 12-time All-Star believes that playing as a DH in the American League could extend his career a little.

"I have a lot of baseball still inside me, I think I can hit if I stay healthy and less likely as a designated hitter playing hurt," Ramirez said.

Edited by The REAL STL10