Steve Nash doesn't think Suns will make playoffs

The Regime

Steve Nash has always been candid with the media, and never shied away from expressing what’s really on his mind. When it comes to his team this season, Nash isn’t holding out much hope for similar success to last year.

Phoenix surprised everyone by making it all the way to the Western Conference Finals last summer (and pushed the champion Lakers), but now playing with a radically different roster, let’s just say that Steve Nash isn’t exactly jazzed about what he sees on the floor.

SB Nation reports:

“To be honest, if I was outside this picture and a betting man, I would probably pick us to be outside of the playoffs considering all the changes and the new guys,” team leader Steve Nash said after Sunday’s team practice.

The problem, according to Steve Nash, is that winning might be a long ways off. Nash was particularly frustrated with the process of going from a team he felt was very close to winning an NBA Championship to essentially starting over again. “I spent four months this summer and a month this training camp feeling like I’m trying to get to the top,” Nash said. “It’s hard as a competitor to convince yourself every day all summer and then through the preseason that you’re going to get back to where you were and hopefully take the next step, and then you realize that camp is starting all over again and it’s not quite as linear as you made it out to yourself all summer.”

Time to get excited, Suns fans! Or, you know, not.

Perhaps this is Nash’s way of taking the pressure off his team by tempering expectations, but as he heads into the twilight of his career, the current situation is probably not what he had in mind.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/steve-nash-doesnt-expect-suns-to-make-the-playoffs/

I hope for Nash's sake that he gets a shot at a title sooner rather than later. I don't think this team does it for him ether and he knows that. He's still a gun at his old age and wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded before the deadline.

It's pretty sad when your star players is saying that he doesn't see your team in the playoffs. Suns fans have to feel let down a bit after hearing this. They still have talent with Richardson, Nash, and Grant Hill there, but they need a big man to step up. Hakeem Warrick? Who knows but someone needs to help fill the hole left by Amare.

he said this because he already knew that his team couldnt play defense and so therefore will be double teaming alot of bigs leaving shooters open.. if the shooters make the shot then PHOENIX is screwed, and if they miss the shot PHOENIX is still screwed since they cant get the rebound!

Portland's 18 offensive rebounds vs. Phoenix were the most of the 6 teams playing on opening night... Batum's 5 by himself were the most for any player!

but maybe he just knew he'd be turning the ball over at a horrific rate and that he would be hurting his team that way!

Edited by N.1.A.K.

This is what I call the Hedo affect.

To be honest, I don't blame him. The Suns let a top 5 big man walk because they wouldn't give him 100M guaranteed, but then they go out and pick up close to the same amount of salary in Frye/Hedo/Warrick. :lol:

I'd be pretty pissed in Nash's opinion too, though, he only has himself to blame for signing that extension with so much still up in the air with Amare.

This is what I call the Hedo affect.

To be honest, I don't blame him. The Suns let a top 5 big man walk because they wouldn't give him 100M guaranteed, but then they go out and pick up close to the same amount of salary in Frye/Hedo/Warrick. :lol:

I'd be pretty pissed in Nash's position too, though, he only has himself to blame for signing that extension with so much still up in the air with Amare.

Edited by Check my Stats