Server issues

Real Deal

• Owner

Posted in another topic, but I'll put it in the announcements...

Some are still viewing the site on the old server, some on the new server (this may be the new server, actually).

About 30 minutes ago, I logged in and saw the gameday posts.

Right now, I see this topic, no gameday posts.

Domain propagation screwed everything up last night, since our site had to be moved.

I'm really sorry, guys. I'm pretty pissed about it, but there's nothing I can do to reverse what happened.

If you can see this topic, you're on the new server (at least I believe so). The old server should still be showing members the gameday posts, unfortunately.

I wish I could flip-flop that around, but there's no way of doing so.

• Owner

It wouldn't make sense if it were to happen again, so I'm pretty confident it won't. Domain propagation depends mainly on your ISPs. The site immediately changes over to the new server (duh), but your computers don't exactly "see" that until all IP addresses of all sites on the internet are updated for you. A lot of ISPs update them daily, so typical propagation takes up to 24 hours.

• Owner

The timing couldnt have been worse..the activity was insane yesterday.

LOL, yeah...the last time we were that busy, it was during LeBron's decision (which was insane as far as activity goes).

Figures it would happen on opening night, though. We haven't had a problem all year, but on the one night we didn't need one...

• Owner

This is nothing. OTR will strive back and get the conversations flowing again. This community is great at doing that.

Haha, compared to what happened a year ago (the hack), this is absolutely nothing. :lol: