Cablevisions / Fox fail to reach agreement

fish7718

(AP) -- Fox on Wednesday rejected a last-ditch offer from Cablevision Systems Corp. to pay it more for its TV stations' signals, a move that could leave some 3 million Cablevision subscribers in the New York area with few options besides heading to a bar to watch baseball's World Series on TV.

Source

Some more stuff I got on this from listening to the radio, Cablevision matched what TWC is paying Fox in Philly and NY but only offered one year so they could negotiate more, Fox didn't cave. Cablevision centers in NY have been going to RadioShack and buying their complete supply of attenas. (this is a rumor not sure if it's true)

Also as a cablevision customer I just got this email

http://f.chtah.com/i/24/2078247366/2010_ws_designimg1_01.gif

Source

Some more stuff I got on this from listening to the radio, Cablevision matched what TWC is paying Fox in Philly and NY but only offered one year so they could negotiate more, Fox didn't cave. Cablevision centers in NY have been going to RadioShack and buying their complete supply of attenas. (this is a rumor not sure if it's true)

Also as a cablevision customer I just got this email

http://f.chtah.com/i/24/2078247366/2010_ws_designimg1_01.gif

Haha love the wording in that e-mail, and great idea on Cablevision's part.

As for this whole dispute, it's a mess. I'm right in the middle of it having Cablevision at my house in NJ (though on campus we get Fox), and it's really annoying having Fox blacked out. I was listening to Mike Francesa 2-3 days ago and he was GRILLING the CEO (I think) of Fox in an interview, ripping all his points to shreds as MIke does so well. Fox definitely looks like the bad guys here, their greed is ridiculous. Fox is demanding more money than NBC, CBS, ABC, etc and they are generally considered the lowest quality station of that group.

As for this whole dispute, it's a mess. I'm right in the middle of it having Cablevision at my house in NJ (though on campus we get Fox), and it's really annoying having Fox blacked out. I was listening to Mike Francesa 2-3 days ago and he was GRILLING the CEO (I think) of Fox in an interview, ripping all his points to shreds as MIke does so well. Fox definitely looks like the bad guys here, their greed is ridiculous. Fox is demanding more money than NBC, CBS, ABC, etc and they are generally considered the lowest quality station of that group.

What are you talking about? Cablevision and Dish Network are the ones looking like complete morons coming out of this. Their job is to provide to their customers, and they are failing to do so. They will cave in soon enough.

I posted something about this earlier, but the thread got deleted.

They are screwing fans in Dallas a lot more than any other part in this country.

Watch this video. It's awesome. :lol: .

http://stars.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65217

Yeah I replied to it with my Cablevision crap, but it was on the old server.

Yeah I got TWC at school so I'm fine here, but when I go home I can't watch football on Sunday's. I've been listening to Francesa all day, he's been the one give me updates. Fox looks awful, and you are absolutley right.

Yeah I replied to it with my Cablevision crap, but it was on the old server.

Yeah I got TWC at school so I'm fine here, but when I go home I can't watch football on Sunday's. I've been listening to Francesa all day, he's been the one give me updates. Fox looks awful, and you are absolutley right.

Fox shouldn't be the ones looking bad. Dish Network and Cablevision are the ones that are losing customers and not really offering any credits for people who paid for select channel. It's absolutely absurd.

What are you talking about? Cablevision and Dish Network are the ones looking like complete morons coming out of this. Their job is to provide to their customers, and they are failing to do so. They will cave in soon enough.

Cablevision offered Fox the same amount of money they did ABC/NBC/CBS, FOX WANTS MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT, which is absolutely ridiculous. If that wasn't bad enough CABLEVISION DID CAVE, and FOX still said no. Sorry but you haven't followed it that much I suppose by Fox looks awful in this situation. They should be ripped of their MLB and NFL and House rights as I no longer want to watch this network anymore.

Fox wants more than double what the yearly rate has been (effectively jacking up the Cablevision customer's bill sharply), and refuse arbitration (aka using the government as a non-partisan way to settle the dispute, which is what the FCC encourage). They want far more than what Cablevision receives from CBS, ABC, etc... It's ridiculous.

Cablevision offered Fox the same amount of money they did ABC/NBC/CBS, FOX WANTS MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT, which is absolutely ridiculous. If that wasn't bad enough CABLEVISION DID CAVE, and FOX still said no. Sorry but you haven't followed it that much I suppose by Fox looks awful in this situation. They should be ripped of their MLB and NFL and House rights as I no longer want to watch this network anymore.

No, Cablevision is looking for a discount for individual channels, and not a bunch of channels which Fox doesn't do. It makes perfect sense.

They don't want to buy the entire package, so I don't know what your point is.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Fox wants more than double what the yearly rate has been (effectively jacking up the Cablevision customer's bill sharply), and refuse arbitration (aka using the government as a non-partisan way to settle the dispute, which is what the FCC encourage). They want far more than what Cablevision receives from CBS, ABC, etc... It's ridiculous.

You don't use a third party in business negotiations like this.

You don't use a third party in business negotiations like this.

Binding arbitration is used precisely for situations like this, especially where millions of people are affected and it's attracting enormous (negative) national attention. This situation must be resolved quickly, and since neither side is giving in, a 3rd party is exactly what is needed. A neutral party determining what's fair for both sides.

Please stop talking out your [expletive]...

Binding arbitration is used precisely for situations like this, especially where millions of people are affected and it's attracting enormous (negative) national attention. This situation must be resolved quickly, and since neither side is giving in, a 3rd party is exactly what is needed. A neutral party determining what's fair for both sides.

Please stop talking out your [expletive]...

No, you don't use a third party in a major negotiation like this. This deal is worth tens of millions of dollars, and the arbitrator would side on the low side what the two are arguing about.

Fox doesn't want what's "fair", they want what they deserve and want to get.

No, you don't use a third party in a major negotiation like this. This deal is worth tens of millions of dollars, and the arbitrator would side on the low side what the two are arguing about.

Fair is what they deserve to get, you sound so dumb right now, Nitro is 100% correct. Just like I said, you will argue something even though you know you are wrong.

Cablevision is the one claiming that Fox wants to charge double, but it's KNOWN that Cablevision doesn't want to buy the entire package. Suck it the [expletive] up and buy it or sit the [expletive] down.

And then all of their customers will complain about the higher price for service. You are so dumb

You don't know this, it's just an unfounded assumption. Why would having an unbiased party decide the settlement of a case where two sides can't reach an agreement, even though an agreement would benefit millions of people makes sense? Doesn't seem to make sense to me... :rolleyes:

Yeah, they deserve more than DOUBLE what CBS gets, even though CBS had higher annual ratings last year....right.

And then all of their customers will complain about the higher price for service. You are so dumb

Then don't buy the [expletive]ing package if it's too expensive. Cablevision is being picky and not wanting to buy the entire package, so that's completely their fault.

I have no doubt that if the Yankees were in the World Series that Cablevision would give in within seconds.

And, if you really want to watch the World Series, get off your [expletive] an buy an antenna.

Cable companies have pretty much been stealing and reselling products of over the air stations like Fox for a long time just to build up a customer base. Now, they have to negotiate with the stations and they are getting what they deserve. Cable companies have been buying cheap and selling high forever, but since Fox owns the rights to the World Series it gets real interesting now.

And, if you really want to watch the World Series, get off your [expletive] an buy an antenna.

Cable companies have pretty much been stealing and reselling products of over the air stations like Fox for a long time just to build up a customer base. Now, they have to negotiate with the stations and they are getting what they deserve. Cable companies have been buying cheap and selling high forever, but since Fox owns the rights to the World Series it gets real interesting now.

they haven't been stealing it :lol: . In fact, apart from O&O stations, which unfortunately for NY is one, Fox has no say in the negotiations for the local fox station. Fact is, not everyone can get stations with an antenna(move to SoCal, its hard to do there)