Old Skin

Jenneral

• Owner

I'm strongly considering re-coding the skin from scratch.

The skin you're showing me in that link won't touch what I put out if I decide to redo it all.

Unfortunately, I've never actually sat down and really put out a monster skin for OTR, not from scratch. A lot of it has been designed quickly, using a lot of minimum edits on defaults (such as this skin). The major edits would include the special coding to add forum images on the main index (team logos) and in the posts.

If I design a new one, it will have 30 team banners with it BEFORE I release it, which means 30 different skins (color variations) to match the banners.

I've been working on player profiles for the last week, but that's going to take forever...so I'm leaning towards dropping everything and putting out something special.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Any chance we can go back to it or at least have the option between that one and the current one?

This is the one I'm talking about: http://www.otrbasketball.com/draft/2010.php

oh God, please, yes.

I'm strongly considering re-coding the skin from scratch.

The skin you're showing me in that link won't touch what I put out if I decide to redo it all.

Unfortunately, I've never actually sat down and really put out a monster skin for OTR, not from scratch. A lot of it has been designed quickly, using a lot of minimum edits on defaults (such as this skin). The major edits would include the special coding to add forum images on the main index (team logos) and in the posts.

If I design a new one, it will have 30 team banners with it BEFORE I release it, which means 30 different skins (color variations) to match the banners.

I've been working on player profiles for the last week, but that's going to take forever...so I'm leaning towards dropping everything and putting out something special.

could you put that old one back up as an option in the meantime, though? it doesn't have to be the default - just something we could choose while you work on the better ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I fail to see the problem with this one. I just put it up not too long ago.

The funny part is...the skin you're talking about, you can't even see it, other than the black/gold color. There's no banner, no forum design, nothing.

• Owner

I have sensitive eyes and this light skin messes with my vision after awhile. that's why I'm never on here for more than about ten minutes at a time. if it takes a ton of time to put that skin back up though, don't worry about it.

I hate to say this, but my eyes are the most sensitive on this board, and it's a fact. And...I'm on this site probably more than everyone else.

I have sensitive eyes and this light skin messes with my vision after awhile. that's why I'm never on here for more than about ten minutes at a time. if it takes a ton of time to put that skin back up though, don't worry about it.

http://i56.tinypic.com/t7kcxv.jpg

• Like 3

• Owner

ok...? lol, it's alright, dude. I don't see the the big deal with adding a skin, but maybe it's more complicated than I think.

I had 3-4 major eye surgeries, where they actually had to cut into my eye with a scalpel, re-align my retina, scrape out scar tissue, and burn sensitive blood vessels, so I was just making a point. To me, the sun looks five times larger, and headlights in the dark force me to slow down to about 10 MPH until they pass.

And adding a skin is a lot of work. I don't use anyone else's designs, so I'm not going to go out and purchase one, or go grab a free one. Designing a dark skin is much more difficult than a light, and that's not even the problem. The main thing is that all team forums are forced skins...so even if you had a dark skin selected, any time you click a team forum (ex. the Heat), it would override your skin setting, no matter what.