Stuckey Won't Sign Extenion

Rodney Stuckey will not sign a contract extension with the Pistons before the Nov. 1st deadline, according to sources.

Among other factors, Stuckey’s situation is complicated by an ownership change in Detroit, sources said.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69815/20101029/stuckey_wont_sign_extension/#

It is pretty interesting that it is Stuckey who is unwilling to sign an extension with Detroit and not the other way around, at least in my opinion. I'm sure that Detroit will probably match any reasonable offer for him when he becomes a restricted free agent, so I doubt he goes anywhere.

On a somewhat related note, is this the least amount of extensions ever given out to a single draft class? From the 07 draft, I think only Durant and Noah are going to sign extensions and not make it to free agency. Horford, Oden, Brooks, Green, Stuckey and Conley (just some of the bigger names off of the top of my head) are all going to be restricted free agents by the looks of things.

Most of the teams are just waiting for the new CBA to come out and re-sign the players because more than likely, it will result in far less money spent on the players. None of those guys are really franchise guys that those teams would die without them, so I am guessing they are willing to take the risk.

http://basketball.re...ign_extension/#

It is pretty interesting that it is Stuckey who is unwilling to sign an extension with Detroit and not the other way around, at least in my opinion. I'm sure that Detroit will probably match any reasonable offer for him when he becomes a restricted free agent, so I doubt he goes anywhere.

Stuckey should resign with Pistons because the fear of the new CBA and he isn't a star player.

On a somewhat related note, is this the least amount of extensions ever given out to a single draft class? From the 07 draft, I think only Durant and Noah are going to sign extensions and not make it to free agency. Horford, Oden, Brooks, Green, Stuckey and Conley (just some of the bigger names off of the top of my head) are all going to be restricted free agents by the looks of things.

I think Al Horford and the Hawks are going to get a deal done soon, because Horford is a vital piece to their franchise.

This is very interesting, and bad news for the Pistons. I can't really blame him for not wanting to lock himself up longterm in a situation that just does not look very good for the future. They have some young talent, but in all honesty they don't play as a team, and they don't run an offense that he really fits well in. He'll still get his numbers this year, but I expect him to look for something that he fits better in. I would love to have him in Indiana as our starting shooting guard next year. That would be an amazing fit in my opinion.

Stuckey Not Upset Over Lack Of Extension

The Pistons aren't going to reward guard Rodney Stuckey with a contract extension before Monday night's deadline.

Stuckey's agent, Steve Banks, refuted reports that his client is unhappy about no receiving an extension.

"All Rodney's worried about is the 2010-11 season," Banks said. "He'll be a restricted free agent and we'll go from there."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69874/20101101/stuckey_not_upset_over_lack_of_extension/

I still don't understand what is going on with this situation. Can't understand whether or not he doesn't want to sign one, or the team isn't going to offer him one right now. What do you guys think will happen with the Stucky-Pistons situation?

Thoughts?