Prime Kobe or Shaq During The Playoffs

EastCoastNiner

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The REAL STL10

I would [expletive] my pants if Shaq came running to the lane at full speed.

I would foul the [expletive] out of Kobe if he came running full speed to the lane.

Shaq > Kobe

• Owner

With the exception of the NBA Finals, and this is just a stab in the dark, Bryant and Shaq pretty much contributed enough to call it even. I know Kobe has lit up some of the best the West has had to offer, and he was the man defending the best players in most of those games, scoring 25-30 PPG AND running the offense.

I give Shaq props for dominating Dikembe Mutombo, despite the size advantage, but I'm not going to freak out because of his performances against Todd Mac or Rik Smits, because, quite frankly, Shaq could probably dominate those two even if he were 38 years old.

Of course, Shaq has had his way with a lot of talented bigs. I'm just pushing the Finals aside.

But, especially in the second and third title runs, they both picked apart the opposition.

No doubt it was Shaq. Kobe is a beast as well, but you just can't beat the problems he caused for defenses.

(1). While he wasn't a great free throw shooter, even when he missed his free throws it still got the opposing teams big men in foul trouble.

(2). If you didn't foul him, he would dunk on your face.

(3). He was just as much a team leader, if not more than Kobe was in his prime. Kobe has learned how to be that leader later on in his career though.

Those are just three reasons that I came up with. With Shaq in the game, he would be going to the free throw line double-digits each game, and in my opinion you just cannot replace that. He hit around a quarter or a half of them per game, so there's a decent amount of points from the line, but he would just tire down the opposing teams bigs, and also get them in foul trouble. Just an amazing performance every single night out there, no one could stop him.

• Owner

kobes playoffs and final numbers are mediocre

Mediocre?

2000 - 21.1 PPG on 44.2% FG, 4.5 RPG, 4.4 APG

2001 - 29.4 PPG on 46.9% FG, 7.3 RPG, 6.1 APG

2002 - 26.6 PPG on 43.4% FG, 5.8 RPG, 4.6 APG

2003 - 32.1 PPG on 43.2% FG, 5.1 RPG, 5.2 APG

2004 - 24.5 PPG on 41.3% FG, 4.7 RPG, 5.5 APG

2006 - 27.9 PPG on 49.7% FG, 6.3 RPG, 5.1 APG

2007 - 32.8 PPG on 46.2% FG, 5.2 RPG, 4.4 APG

2008 - 30.1 PPG on 47.9% FG, 5.7 RPG, 5.6 APG

2009 - 30.2 PPG on 45.7% FG, 5.3 RPG, 5.5 APG