Amare Or Bosh?

EastCoastNiner

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who's better, and who would you rather have?

I think the answer is quite obvious, and that it's Amare by a good amount. They both aren't great defensive players, but Amare's offensive game is better than any PF in the league, and blows Bosh out of the water with his full arsenal.

I also can't stand Bosh as he is among my least favorite players along with D12 and CP3. They're all members of the all over-rated club.

I also can't stand Bosh as he is among my least favorite players along with D12 and CP3. They're all members of the all over-rated club.

You lost all credibility after that dude. How is CP3 overrated again?

Edited by Flash

If Amare can top Bosh's stats from last year on the Knicks, then I will admit they are in the same league. Until Amare can drop 24 and 11 on 51% without arguably the best offensive PG in the league, he will be behind Bosh.

And Bosh is a way better rebounder, and a marginally better defender, than Amare. All Amare has on Bosh is explosiveness.

Bosh took his game to a whole new level last year, maybe he will regress after his new contract. But what he was doing last year was the only thing stopping us from being last in the East before he got hurt.

Edited by Check my Stats

his jumper is better than Boozer's or David West's?

EDIT: i do think Amare has a good jumper.. hell he has apparently extended his range to the 3 point line... but it doesnt mean its as consistent as West's or Boozer's J.

Edited by N.1.A.K.

You lost all credibility after that dude. How is CP3 overrated again?

Deron Williams is better, and people make CP3 sound like he's the best PG to ever play the game. He won't lead you to a Championship, and probably not even deep into the playoffs.

Also, I'm starting to think that Rondo is better than CP3. He's a better defender, rebounder, and passer. CP3 still sucks at shooting as well, so it makes no sense why people are on his jock.

And, addressing D12, Yao is definitely the better player when both are healthy. I could give two [expletive]s about blocks when he doesn't play "defense". He blocks shots, pads his stats with rebounds, and throws down alley-oops. That's hardly dominant.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

his jumper is better than Boozer's or David West's?

Yes, and that's by an absolute land-slide. Have you watched Amare at all? His jump-shot is not just better, but far superior to those too.

I just saw your post after I edited this, but if you've seen him a lot the past few seasons, he's automatic from the around the elbow.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Deron Williams is better, and people make CP3 sound like he's the best PG to ever play the game. He won't lead you to a Championship, and probably not even deep into the playoffs.

Also, I'm starting to think that Rondo is better than CP3. He's a better defender, rebounder, and passer. CP3 still sucks at shooting as well, so it makes no sense why people are on his jock.

I agree with Rondo being better than CP3, not really a case.

and to stay on topic, i would take Amare over Bosh.

IMO Bosh has a habit of being a ghost out on the floor, even on the offensive end at certain points in the game... not the case with Amare.

Amare also has the ability to dominate a game. i never get the feeling Bosh has that ability... even when he puts up 30 points in a game.

Edited by N.1.A.K.

Amare will average over 25ppg this season and lead the Knicks to the playoffs, and past the first round baring a match-up against the Celtics.

He's going to be the Amare of 2008-2009, beasting towards the end of the season, putting up 30ppg for a while.

i can agree with everything except for the part where he gets the Knicks past the first round. i dont think the Knicks get past the Heat Celtics or Magic. if they play the Hawks or Bucks then ya... but not the top 3.

If you're gonna base it off stats, then yeah Amare will probably out-do Bosh this season. Look at the system he's playing in as the top option compared to Bosh who's the third option on the Heat.

Amare has only outscored Bosh in a season once or twice throughout their careers I believe and Bosh is the better rebounder/defender. If you're overrating anyone its Amare.

Also, LOL @ the CP3 argument. It makes no sense at all. What does Williams do better than him? I'd really like to know. Paul has a higher scoring average, rebound average and assist average not to mention a lower average for turnovers. Don't let the injuries fool you, there's a reason CP3 has been in the MVP race a few years back. Has he ever played with anyone as good as Boozer either?

id also like to say that the Western Conference Finals is a pretty deep run in the playoffs... i think the Hornets also took the Spurs to a Game 7 in that series...

Paul has led his team deeper into the playoffs than any other Western Conference PG except for... Tony Parker, Derek Fisher or Jason Kidd in the last 10 years. and i think its safe to say that those 3 PG's arent the best player on their respective teams ( Duncan, Kobe, Dirk)

Edited by N.1.A.K.

id also like to say that the Western Conference Finals is a pretty deep run in the playoffs... i think the Hornets also took the Spurs to a Game 7 in that series...

This. How anyone could deny CP3 is at least the second best PG in the league is just blasphemy. Can you imagine if CP3 played with Rondo's teammates?! He'd probably have broken the single game assist record by now.

• Owner

Amare is the better offensive player, Bosh the better defender. I do know that STAT has had a season or two with two or more blocks per game, and Bosh hasn't, but Bosh topples Amare in rebounding, and this was most evident when Stoudemire couldn't pull down a board to save his life last year in the playoffs (notably against LA).

It's going to be hard to compare them, though, because Amare has been the primary option his entire career with Nash spoon-feeding him off of pick and rolls, while Bosh is entering this season with two superstars spoon-feeding him his points. Amare's FG% is probably higher...don't even need to look...because he played at the rim most of the time, snagging those passes in the paint and finishing strong with a dunk, or having a ton of shooters to pass out to.

While Bosh didn't have that, there's a part of him that wouldn't play big, so it's partially his fault that he shoots a lower percentage.

Amare is more likely to take over a game, scoring-wise, at least in my opinion. I would worry about him putting up 40 before Bosh, even when CB4 was in Toronto and assuming Nash was injured, doesn't matter.

Coin-flip, really.

Bosh shoots a shade 50% for his career. Considering his best teammate was TJ Ford, I wouldn't be scoffing at his percentages, not to mention he sticks 80% of his free throws.

And in their first 3 games, Bosh hasn't been spoonfed anything. He should be, but he just seems content just kind of being 'there'.

Are you KIDDING ME??? CP3 scores more on better efficiency (from both the field/3/FT line) than either player, gets more assists with less turnovers than either player, is a better rebounder than D-Will AND a better defender. Rondo may be a slightly better rebounder and defender than CP3, but he's more careless with the ball and can be completely taken out of the game if you sag off him like Kobe did in the Finals. CP3, on the other hand, shot over 40% from 3 last season. CP3 is also a more explosive scorer, capable of dropping 30+ on any night his team needs him to...D-Will and Rondo can't.

Anyway, as Brandon said, it's a tossup between Amare and Bosh. I don't think either of them are capable of leading a team past the 1st/maybe 2nd round of the playoffs as a #1 option. Both are exceptional scorers, with Amare being the more explosive/aggressive scorer, and Bosh being the more polished scorer. Bosh is without a doubt the better rebounder, and also a much better defender. Amare may block half a shot more per game, but he has horrendous defensive awareness and he's incredibly lazy on that end. Bosh is a very good PnR defender and puts forth more of an effort.

I'd say it's a wash, maybe because Amare's always been my favorite big man in the league. But nontheless, it is very close.

• Like 1