Jennings Records First Triple-Double

BadgerFan

Bucks guard Brandon Jennings recorded the first triple-double of his career in the team's 98-88 victory over the Bobcats on Saturday night.

The second-year guard had 20 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in Milwaukee's home opener.

"This is my best game since I've been in the NBA just the fact that I had a nose for the ball and I was being unselfish and I was everywhere," said Jennings. "I was being a floor general tonight."

Awesome job by Jennings last night,

First 3 games:

@ NOR: 41 MIN, 5-14 FG, 2-6 3PT, 3-4 FT, 15 PTS, 2 REB, 10 AST

@ MIN: 34 MIN, 4-15 FG, 0-6 3PT, 6-8 FT, 14 PTS, 3 REB, 7 AST

CHA: 40 MIN, 6-8 FG, 3-3 3PT, 5-6 FT, 20 PTS, 10 REB, 10 AST

Total Stats: 38 MIN, 15-37 FG (40.5%) 5-15 3PT (33.3%) 14-18 FT (77.8%) 16.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 9.0 APG

If Jennings can average 8-10 assists per game, he'll be an all-star this year.

Edited by BadgerFan

The most impressive part is the less than 2 turnovers. It's still early, but that Charlotte statline should be his goal each night, there are enough offensive weapons that he doesn't need to look for his shot. There is no need for him to hit double digits in shot attempts each night.

The most impressive part is the less than 2 turnovers. It's still early, but that Charlotte statline should be his goal each night, there are enough offensive weapons that he doesn't need to look for his shot. There is no need for him to hit double digits in shot attempts each night.

I agree to an extent. I'd like to see him average 20 points and 10 assists for sure. I just don't see him needing to grab the boards like that every night. On some of them he was literally fighting his own teammates for the rebounds... hopefully that doesn't become an issue.

In the offseason though he made it clear he wanted to up his apg, so far he's done that. With the weapons around him he should be able to average 7+ fairly easily. I also like it when he shoots efficiently like last night (obviously). It doesn't seem to happen too often.

Great game for Jennings for sure, and it's great because he was on my fantasy team starting tonight. Seriously though, the kid is trying to make a point to all his doubters that he's better than people give him credit for. I think judging by this triple-double performance, that he's been working on his passing and rebounding as well during the offseason. Like one of the posts said earlier in this thread, if he gets 8 assists per game, then he'll be an allstar. If he can put up a decent amount of rebounds together per game, then he'll definitely be better than any regular point guard all-star. Great for Bucks fans to see that.

Jennings on being so close in his NBA debut:

"I remember last year at this time I had 17, nine and nine," Jennings said. "I forgot his name already, Dan Gadzuric. He took the rebound from me. And then he missed a layup on the other end. That's why I came up a little bit short last year.

"But this year I finally got it."

:lol: