Hornets Remain Open To Adding Pargo

Even after drafting a pair of perimeter players, the Hornets are leaving open the possibility of re-acquiring Jannero Pargo.

Pargo is playing in Russia after he wasn't able to get a long-term deal with New Orleans last offseason.

"I still think there's mutual interest between the two parties," coach Byron Scott said Friday. "When July 1 (the beginning of the free-agency signing period) comes around, obviously we have some other needs we have to fill, as well. By no means do I think this closes the door on J.P.

"It's too early to say you close the door on a guy who helped you win 56 games a couple years ago, and the familiarity we have with him and the familiarity he has with us. Jeff is still getting calls from his agent, and they still have some dialogue, and I'm sure they'll start talking again."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60135/20090627/hornets_remain_open_to_adding_pargo/

I'm not in favor of this at all. I couldn't stand him two years ago. Chris Paul would sit, Pargo would come in, and all of the sudden we quit running any kind of offense and just played that Cleveland offense where everyone just watches LeBron except we had Pargo running the show. Dude takes an incredible amount of low percentage shots and he's suppose to be a point guard.

Aside from that, what did Pargo offer to us at the time? He spelled CP3 and provided scoring off of the bench. Who did we draft? A true point guard to spell CP3 and one of the best scorers on the draft board. Please don't sign Pargo and get in the way of their development.

Hornets Working On Bringing Back Pargo

One of the first calls Jeff Bower made after midnight Wednesday morning was to guard Jannero Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein.

"I talked with Jeff, and they remain interested in Jannero," Bartelstein said. "But he said they still have things to work out with their roster."

Bower and Bartelstein were involved in preliminary talks regarding Pargo before the draft, permissible under league rules because Pargo played in Russia last season after he was unable to reach a contract agreement with the Hornets.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60278/20090702/hornets_working_on_bringing_back_pargo/