Oberto Retires Due To Heart Condition

Trail Blazers center Fabricio Oberto has announced today that he has retired from the game of basketball due to recurrent palpitations related to a prior cardiac condition. Oberto experienced lightheadedness and dizziness during the first half of Portland’s game at Milwaukee on Nov. 2. “I made this decision to put my health and my family in front of basketball,” said Oberto. “It was a tough decision to make after playing for so many years, but it was the right one.”

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69933/20101104/oberto_retires_due_to_heart_condition/#ixzz14MudsdzO

Maybe it's cause I just looked at the thread about him, but Earl Barron doesn't have a team yet and I am still surprised that no team has snapped him up yet. Maybe the Blazers should consider him.

I wish Oberto the best, by the way.

Poor Oberto :(, he was doing pretty well in Portland too, nothing spectacular but he does his best just to not get in the way and play back up minutes at C. I guess with Przy due back before the end of the month it wont hurt too much...poor Oberto