James Johnson to Charlotte?

The Bulls have explored the possibility of trading forward James Johnson to the Bobcats, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

It remains to be seen if the talks will turn serious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/21203/bulls-hold-off-signing-third-pg

Bulls seem to be looking at getting a third point guard, but the Bobcats aren't exactly loaded at the 1. I wonder what would be heading Chicago's way if a trade does come to fruition.

I wouldn't mind trading JJ. He has shown improvement, but he will be redundant when Boozer comes back. Scal seems to be getting some minutes still (and it still puzzles me why) so he doesn't get consistent PT. I think we need to add another player into the roster though, whether it be through free agency or through trade, to give us that comfortable level of depth.

Johnson is a very talented, athletic young player which seems to be exactly what the Bobcats are looking at getting for their team. Like BFT said, who do they get back in this deal? It's very difficult to make a deal involving a point guard. The Bobcats are not going to trade D.J. Augustin, and the only two other point guards they have on their roster are Sherron Collins and Shaun Livingston. I could see the Bulls being interested in either of those two guys, but there is no way that they would trade for one of those guys straight up. Maybe Gerald Henderson could be involved or a pick or something?