Could Steve Nash Be Available for Trade?

The NY Post cites "rumblings out of Phoenix" that if the Suns continue to struggle, team MVP Steve Nash could be available in a trade.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/417.jpg

We're not sure whose "rumblings" are being referred to, but suffice to say there's nothing even remotely concrete about this report. The rumors may have started after former GM Steve Kerr said, "Nobody's untradeable...if a team struggles and looks like it won't be a playoff team, they have to consider all their options." We repeat, do not take this as evidence that Nash is actually on the block.

rotoworld

This is interesting. Nash probably could net them a good young point guard, and maybe some other pieces as well. I'm trying to think, maybe New York would be interested in trading a piece like Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas or something like that to re-unite Nash and Amare? What would you guys think about that? I know Phoenix is going to do something if things don't pick up in the next month or two though, and Nash is easily their biggest trade piece.

Thoughts?

Gentry Discounts Nash Trade Rumors

Suns coach Alvin Gentry says there's no truth to rumors that the team could trade point guard Steve Nash.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Nash_Steve_phx.jpg

"Steve's not going to be traded, that I can tell you," Gentry told Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic. "If he's traded, I'm going along with him, OK?"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70027/20101110/gentry_discounts_nash_trade_rumors/

So it's sounding more and more like Nash will not be dealt out of Phoenix. The fans love him, Nash likes the Suns organization, and the coach is very sure that he won't be being traded or he'll live with him. What do you guys think? Is there any chance that Nash is dealt?

Thoughts?

I've said this a million times before and I'll say it again, it would suck to lose him as a Suns fan but I honestly hope he gets traded and wins a ring that he obviously really deserves. Also, we would get some young pieces which we have been looking for from the start of the season.

Yes, I thought Nash + Hill would be a nice package to send to Magic in return for Nelson, Anderson/Bass + more. It's not a bad deal but I'd rather keep Nash than Nelson even though Nash deserves a championship really bad, it shouldn't mean he should hop onto a contending team and win a championship, I doubt he'd want to do that either.

Guest The REAL STL10

I hope Nash goes to a place where he can win.

He deserves a championship after all of his hard work.

I think he would fit in well with the Magic, Hawks, or Bobcats.