Heat provide tips on how to be a fan

Lkr

You guys really have nothing better to do at this time than to just start a random thread about Heat fans? Are you that threatened by us? I really don't understand the new found obsession with the Miami fans. Are you that miserable as a Laker fan? Because you have no reason to be. I really don't get it.

You guys really have nothing better to do at this time than to just start a random thread about Heat fans? Are you that threatened by us? I really don't understand the new found obsession with the Miami fans. Are you that miserable as a Laker fan? Because you have no reason to be. I really don't get it.

I love how you keep trying to play some sort of victim card like people care enough about you that we are out to get you. This was just an interesting marketing plan that the Heat were using to get fans louder and to come to the games. It's not harder no notice that there are lots of empty seats at Heat games this year, and being that Heat are one of the top teams in the NBA I see no reason why this shouldn't be a topic of discussion, when top teams don't bring out fans, something is wrong.

Am I not allowed to post news related to the Heat?

Am I not allowed to post news related to the Heat?

That's not the problem. But when everything you post here continuously bashes Miami, their fans and everything related to our city then it gets old and annoying.

I love how you keep trying to play some sort of victim card like people care enough about you that we are out to get you. This was just an interesting marketing plan that the Heat were using to get fans louder and to come to the games. It's not harder no notice that there are lots of empty seats at Heat games this year, and being that Heat are one of the top teams in the NBA I see no reason why this shouldn't be a topic of discussion, when top teams don't bring out fans, something is wrong.

No ones trying to play the victim here. These bash Miami threads just get old quick. Bash LBJ all you want, go after Wade too I don't care. But seriously? Let's talk [expletive] about attendance now and Miami fans? That makes no sense since right now because we're ranked ahead of the Lakers and Knicks in attendance so I guess lets use last years against us lol.

You should start this thread about Suns and Magic fans too, since last year they had better teams and we still ranked ahead of them in attendance.

I just don't see the point of the thread. And don't give that bull[expletive] about how "it was an interesting marketing plan".

• Like 1

The Heat had the 3rd worst attendance last year of playoff teams according to ESPN, with a top 3 player that is absolutely pathetic. As fans, we have a right to be pissed off and jealous of the fact that your fanbase (NOT YOU PERSONALLY STOP TAKING OFFENSE) got a good team based off nothing and a lot of their fans could have cared less.

And for the record, the Heat aren't better than the Lakers in attendance so far, there are 8 teams selling out every game so far. Using traffic as an example of why fans will leave a close game early just sucks. Fans like the Knicks are starving for a good team but it seems a lot of the people in Miami could care less.

Also, in other news, John Wall is the biggest draw in the NBA right now lol.

Edited by Check my Stats

No ones trying to play the victim here. These bash Miami threads just get old quick. Bash LBJ all you want, go after Wade too I don't care. But seriously? Let's talk [expletive] about attendance now and Miami fans? That makes no sense since right now because we're ranked ahead of the Lakers and Knicks in attendance so I guess lets use last years against us lol.

You should start this thread about Suns and Magic fans too, since last year they had better teams and we still ranked ahead of them in attendance.

I just don't see the point of the thread. And don't give that bull[expletive] about how "it was an interesting marketing plan".

Where are you getting these attendance numbers? According to ESPN the Magic sold out every game and the Suns were slightly above the Heat, which says a lot because Phoenix teams suck at drawing fans.

pretty sure American Airlines Jr can hold more people than Staples anyway.

the gap between this year and last year for the Heat is sad

Edited by Lkr

Who gives a flying [expletive] about how many fans go to a game? Yea Miami fans suck, deal with it. We are a different animal, you know how else we are different from the whole country? We live in Miami, there is [expletive] to do. I don't care if we can't sell out the arena, people like me actually enjoy going to a game and sitting the whole way through. We have three great players, we are title contenders. In 2 years the Lakers and all those other teams are going to die off, and we are going to be at the top for years. Hate on the fans all you want, sure its empty now, but when the parade comes around everyone is there. Want to know why? Its a party. If the arena was a nightclub I am sure it would be packed out the [expletive]. Could it be because there are so many Hispanics who show up late to everything? Yes. Also, last years playoffs number are stupid, we played the Hawks and our team wasn't expected to do jack. Tell me the numbers of the 05,06 playoffs...you know, when we were actually a good team.

Using parking and traffic is a great point btw. People leave early to beat traffic, I didn't say people don't go to games because of traffic.

Also, Lakers fans need to stfu. If I recall, the fan base refused to wear a damn shirt given out for FREE at the playoffs last year. Talk about team spirit, at least Heat fans are smart enough to wear the colors that are asked.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/allPct

Heat are 3rd for overall percentage.

Why not pick on the Hornets fans who are 16th for overall percentage.

If looking at home attendance, Heat are ranked 5th. Hornets ranked 18th. OMFGZ HORNETZ FANS SUK FOR NOT SUPORTEENG DER TEEM, AND DEY 8-1 TU!!!

I agree Miami doesn't have the best fans in the NBA, but come on. They are not by any means among the worst in the NBA.

Who gives a flying [expletive] about how many fans go to a game? Yea Miami fans suck, deal with it. We are a different animal, you know how else we are different from the whole country? We live in Miami, there is [expletive] to do. I don't care if we can't sell out the arena, people like me actually enjoy going to a game and sitting the whole way through. We have three great players, we are title contenders. In 2 years the Lakers and all those other teams are going to die off, and we are going to be at the top for years. Hate on the fans all you want, sure its empty now, but when the parade comes around everyone is there. Want to know why? Its a party. If the arena was a nightclub I am sure it would be packed out the [expletive]. Could it be because there are so many Hispanics who show up late to everything? Yes. Also, last years playoffs number are stupid, we played the Hawks and our team wasn't expected to do jack. Tell me the numbers of the 05,06 playoffs...you know, when we were actually a good team.

Using parking and traffic is a great point btw. People leave early to beat traffic, I didn't say people don't go to games because of traffic.

Also, Lakers fans need to stfu. If I recall, the fan base refused to wear a damn shirt given out for FREE at the playoffs last year. Talk about team spirit, at least Heat fans are smart enough to wear the colors that are asked.

Chill out. There is absolutely no reason to freak out like this.

You too, platoon.

PS: Miami played the Celtics in the playoffs last year, not the Hawks.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

You played the Celtics. i thought you were a great fan who sits through the games........

And there you go [expletive]ing about something else whether its us accusing you or algebra math course or your college

Chill out. There is absolutely no reason to freak out like this.

You too, platoon.

PS: Miami played the Celtics in the playoffs last year, not the Hawks.

While I don't really want to start an argument, I'm not sure what exactly makes it look like I freaked out. The caps was just to show sarcasm.

I just find it funny how everyone is trying to hate on the Heat fans for not attending the games when the numbers say otherwise. Sure the arena isn't as lively as people expected, and many people take a long time to get to their seats or leave early, but I have never seen people criticizing the fans like this when it happened in the past.

Edited by platoon793

You played the Celtics. i thought you were a great fan who sits through the games........

And there you go [expletive]ing about something else whether its us accusing you or algebra math course or your college

Who are you guy?