Greg Oden to miss rest of season

Lkr

Phx should sign him next season, and do their magic on his knees :banana:

No seriously if Phoenix do sign him I guarentee that all this injury will stop.

They managed to help guys like Shaq, Hill and even Nash stay healthy for a whole season. It's really surprising what this team can do to get their players healthy and active all season long.

It is going to be interesting to see what Portland does with Oden next season. His qualifying offer is $8.8M next season, which is a lot of money for a guy who can't even get on the court, let alone stay on it. If they don't give him that be becomes a UFA.

Does Portland take the chance or cut ties with him?

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Bummer. That's a bummer. I don't know what else to say, honestly.

It really sucks for Oden and the Blazers. I think that the Blazers is certainly the most cursed team I ever seen since I've started to watch this game. It's unbelievable. If healthy they could easily make at least the WCF. They're clearly one of the deepest teams in the league, arguably the deepest one. Really sad... I doubt that they'll go far in the playoffs without their big man now.

Anyway even if Oden's career looks compromised I think that it's important to take in consideration that you can come back from serious injuries. Let's not get carried away, Oden is not done yet. Let's talk about Ilgauskas for example, at the beginning of his career he had the same problem as Oden (except that it was his feet that were bothering him). He had serious injuries in BOTH feet and barely played in the three seasons that followed his rookie season (he even didn't play at all in 1999-2000). Everyone was sure that he wouldn't come back and retire. Yet he did come back. And he missed very few games since 2001. So Z showed that year that it's possible to come back from serious injuries. And Greg Oden definitely can come back as well.

And I certainly hope for both the Blazers and Greg that he will come back indeed.