Bosh on Spo: "He wants us to work, we want to chill"

Built Ford Tough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OHiv9TTQM&feature=player_embedded

He just keeps on putting his foot in his mouth.

I know he doesn't intentionally make these comments, but man, he has really had some gems this season. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

im pretty sure bosh is the only one tryin to chill

mike miller is in the gym shootin left handed 3s (fact)...and the rest of the undersized team is bustin their [expletive] off rebounding to make up for the lack of rebounds by bosh

I think his comments are being taken out of context. What NBA player wants to have hard practices day in and day out? Probably 0%. He went on to admit that they have to work to get to where they want to be. I don't see the big deal here.

I think his comments are being taken out of context. What NBA player wants to have hard practices day in and day out? Probably 0%. He went on to admit that they have to work to get to where they want to be. I don't see the big deal here.

Your right but 0% of players probably don't want hard practices day in and day out. But the Heat, Bosh, LeBron, & Wade brought this on themselves when they assemble together. There is no time for chillin when the Heat have set the bar so [expletive]ing high on themselves. It's title or bust for the next years in Miami.

Edited by magicbalala245

Your right but 0% of players probably don't want hard practices day in and day out. But the Heat, Bosh, LeBron, & Wade brought this on themselves when they assemble together. There is no time for chillin when the Heat have set the bar so [expletive]ing high on themselves. It's title or bust for the next years in Miami.

I don't think they're opposed to working hard as those 3 have never had a reputation for being lazy. And I agree they've set the bar high, but everyone in the media was quick to crown them so I don't think they're the only one who set the bar high.

Again, I think these comments might be getting taken out of context.

mike miller is in the gym shootin left handed 3s (fact)

Oh my, he must really be working his [expletive] off, shooting 3's, calm down Mike Miller don't over work yourself.

If they are getting paid millions they better be working their asses off...

The ones who want to get better not only as players but as a team, so I'd say around 30% have a work ethic to want to want to work and the IQ to know they need to work.

The ones who want to get better not only as players but as a team, so I'd say around 30% have a work ethic to want to want to work and the IQ to know they need to work.

You don't think these guys want to get better? The Heat have a reputation for very hard practices which started under Riley and continued with Spo to a lesser extent. I don't think these guys have a problem with working hard because if they did they wouldn't be on this team right now.

I'd say more than 30% of NBA players have the work ethic to get better but that's not what I'm talking about. I doubt any player in the NBA wants to have a ridiculous practice every day. That takes a toll on your body as well.

Those players who think his life is all about basketball... e.g. Kobe before he had his wife, last season's Arron Afflalo

I really doubt Kobe goes to every practice (when he does practice) hoping that its a hard practice.

Edited by Flash

^You do know Kobe is a nerd right... he didn't have social life, when his teammates hung out at clubs/ bars after games, he went home and read. He was alienated by his own dad, lived alone.

His life was all about basketball. It could be the only reason why he wasn't suicidal.

But anyone can change, especially after having family. Basketball might be priority 1b now after his wife and children.

Arron Afflalo ain't a nerd, but the man doesn't seem to care about anything else except basketball... similar to Kobe.

You don't think these guys want to get better? The Heat have a reputation for very hard practices which started under Riley and continued with Spo to a lesser extent. I don't think these guys have a problem with working hard because if they did they wouldn't be on this team right now.

I'd say more than 30% of NBA players have the work ethic to get better but that's not what I'm talking about. I doubt any player in the NBA wants to have a ridiculous practice every day. That takes a toll on your body as well.

I really doubt Kobe goes to every practice (when he does practice) hoping that its a hard practice.

Your boy Riles is infamous for two-a-day practices in mid-season. If Spo gets canned, Bosh can get used to some ridiculous practices every day.

Oh my, he must really be working his [expletive] off, shooting 3's, calm down Mike Miller don't over work yourself.

If they are getting paid millions they better be working their asses off...

way to completely ignore the point i was tryin to make

• Owner

When Jackson doesn't hold practice, Kobe goes and works out for six hours to fill up his routine. Six hours a day, six days a week, for six months a year, a specific workout routine he does mostly in the off-season.

Let's not compare Kobe to Bosh, ever.

Who said Spo wants to work the team into the ground? lol the quote is "he wants us to work" not "he wants us running suicides 2 hours every day".

When Jackson doesn't hold practice, Kobe goes and works out for six hours to fill up his routine. Six hours a day, six days a week, for six months a year, a specific workout routine he does mostly in the off-season.

Let's not compare Kobe to Bosh, ever.

word, and for bosh...being around zo and haslem all the time in the organization, im surprised bosh isnt working twice as hard...even beasley would put in a ton of extra work beyond practices because of their influence (contrary to belief, beasley didnt go out and party much in miami, he was in the gym quiet a lot) i think bosh is lovin the lime light a bit too much, needs to calm himself lol

Edited by Clutch

^You do know Kobe is a nerd right... he didn't have social life, when his teammates hung out at clubs/ bars after games, he went home and read. He was alienated by his own dad, lived alone.

His life was all about basketball. It could be the only reason why he wasn't suicidal.

But anyone can change, especially after having family. Basketball might be priority 1b now after his wife and children.

Arron Afflalo ain't a nerd, but the man doesn't seem to care about anything else except basketball... similar to Kobe.

Kobe's an NBA player. Of course when he was coming up in the league he did his thing. Now that he's a vet I'm sure he's slowed down especially after the trial.

Aaron Afflalo, like Kobe is in the NBA, he goes out to clubs and has a social. Don't be so naive.

Your boy Riles is infamous for two-a-day practices in mid-season. If Spo gets canned, Bosh can get used to some ridiculous practices every day.

I acknowledged that earlier in the thread and honestly, I'm dying for those practices to come back.

The whole point I'm making is that I highly doubt Bosh is opposed to working hard in practice. I've never heard complaints about the guys work ethic and he definitely puts in extra work just like the rest of the guys on this team.

The quote was taken out of context IMO but it is what it is.

Kobe's an NBA player. Of course when he was coming up in the league he did his thing. Now that he's a vet I'm sure he's slowed down especially after the trial.

Aaron Afflalo, like Kobe is in the NBA, he goes out to clubs and has a social. Don't be so naive.

Nope what really slows Kobe down is the fact that he has a family. If he's still single, still "all by himself" he'd still have been indulging himself in basketball.

Kobe's work ethic is not just any other player in the L... his is legendary which is no secret.

AA's almost up there...

Nope what really slows Kobe down is the fact that he has a family. If he's still single, still "all by himself" he'd still have been indulging himself in basketball.

Kobe's work ethic is not just any other player in the L... his is legendary which is no secret.

AA's almost up there...

What is your obsession with comparing Afflalo to Kobe every chance you get?

• Owner

Kobe has had a family for a long time, and he's been working in overdrive since I can remember. Even Devin Ebanks joked about how hard he works, and how hard he pushes teammates to do the same thing.

His family didn't slow him down, and the trial? In 2003? He was working even harder after the trial. I don't know why that even came into play, and I don't know why Arron Afflalo is even mentioned in the same breath as Kobe, and why Kobe was even brought up to begin with.