Bosh on Spo: "He wants us to work, we want to chill"

Built Ford Tough

His family didn't slow him down, and the trial? In 2003? He was working even harder after the trial.

He's still a gym rat, but "slow down" in the sense that he no longer eats, sleeps and drinks basketball like he used to.

The alone Kobe (without wife and family) was just absolutely about basketball. His life was basketball and nothing else. When his wife came into his life, a part of him (no matter small or big) goes to her... and now that they have children, a big part of his life is about his family. It's no longer just about basketball.

Does he work out like crazy? Yes, but no longer obsessed or seemingly addicted/ high on the game.

I don't know why Arron Afflalo is even mentioned in the same breath as Kobe

Because AAA to Kobe is = Dumars to MJ. Hardest to score against.

That said, they have one thing in common: they're quite easily the two hardest workers in the NBA.

A lot of players probably don't party excessively during the season. Durant just said during the pre-season he declined an invitation to a party during pre-season from LeBron because he doesn't go out much during the season. Some players take their profession seriously, and I definitely envision Kobe as one of those guys.

How can the quote be taken out of context when the entire interview was televised?

That's just him trying to pull his lawyer like defense on the big 3. Next thing we know LeBron is going to "misremember" ever doing the decision.

I'm with Flash on this one (wow, that is surprising, haha). I'm not saying that the quote was taken out of context, because it clearly wasn't, but I understand where he (Flash) is coming from.

I don't believe that Bosh actually meant he doesn't want to work hard in practices and just sit back to count his money or anything like that. I think he just isn't great at thinking before talking and it isn't until after he says something that he really thinks about what he is saying. I think that is basically what Flash is saying, but he just used a poor choice of words.

From following Bosh for 7 years, I can definitely tell you that he isn't a lazy player. He isn't opposed to putting in extra work after practice or going hard during a practice. Maybe he changed after getting his big payday, who knows, but the Bosh that I watched in Toronto for 7 years wasn't a guy who wasn't willing to put in hard work.

I just think he is bad at handling the media and it is showing by some of the things he has said so far this season.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Everything Bosh says he gets ripped for it and it serves him right because he wanted the media’s attention and now he’s got it. Bosh hasn’t played well overall and I personally expected it because he has never played with two excellent wing players and it’s going to take time for him to figure out where he can impact the game. People forget that Bosh is a finesse type big man who can score and to expect anything else is ludicrous.