Would you try Oden?

damon4ever

I'm really interested in this Oden kid. The man has been injured as hell his whole career, and really hasn't impressed (although his 2009 season was good). Our medical staff isn't exactly elite but I think we'd keep him healthy. I see him putting up 14/10, and maybe with a little luck he'll exceed expectations. It's amazing how far an injured player can go in the right system and the right medical staff taking care of his weary body.

We suck, we know that. We'll get that PG, Kyle? Whatever.

PG: Kyle _____.

SG: AiRozan.

SF: Klezia.

PF: Andrea (which will be MUCH MUCH better).

C: Healthy Oden.

It's a mid-risk high reward situation here.

• Owner

There will be some teams interested, but they won't throw a major contract out there for him, so it makes the acquisition a bit easier. More teams will be involved.

Oden did impress. He was a top defensive center in the NBA at one point.

I would take a chance on him, if I were a team in need of a true big defensive center, no doubt about it.

Kyle Irving? Is that it?

Kyrie Irving.

As for Oden, I don't know.

If you can get him on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal, I'd take a chance on him. The talent and potential is still certainly intriguing, but I wouldn't throw any sort of offer that is for 3 or more years or more than $3/4M. I still think he can be a good player, but not enough to warrant a large deal.

Problem with that is I don't think you can get him for that kind of an offer as I'm sure some team will throw money at him and roll the dice.

I'd rather throw a large offer sheet Marc Gasol's way and hope Memphis isn't able to match. He doesn't have the upside of Oden, but certainly isn't as big of a risk and he is still a damn good center.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

i think the Suns should take a chance on him.

1. they need a big in the worst way.

2. their medical staff has been praised as being one of the better staffs in the league i believe.

EDIT: i do understand that he doesnt fit their style of play though.

Edited by N.1.A.K.
  • Like 1

He has only played 82 games in about 4 seasons based on that only I don’t think it’s worth the risk to take a chance on him. He definitely has the talent to be great in the NBA but what is the point if your not playing but it wouldn’t surprise me if a team took a chance on him and Oden lived up to his potential.

Greg Oden remains in team's long-term plans and Portland plans to make qualifying offer to Oden therefore Oden may not be on the market.

Portland president Larry Miller still foresees the team making a qualifying offer to center Greg Oden despite yet another season-ending injury.

The Trail Blazers would have to make an $8.8 million offer to make Oden a restricted free agent, giving them the right to match any offer he receives

oregonlive