Nets Will Probably Trade Troy Murphy

A source close to the Nets believes Troy Murphy will "probably" be traded this season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/777.jpg

Murphy is making $11.9 million in the final year of his contract, and the Nets appear comfortable with Kris Humphries as their starting PF and Derrick Favors developing in a bench role. This also adds intrigue to Murphy's recent DNPs, which were supposedly caused by his being less than 100% healthy.

rotoworld

This is a very interesting, and confusing situation in New Jersey. Murphy is a very solid player, who will put up a double-double every night out there if you give him minutes, but apparently Avery Johnson doesn't like his game or something. Did the Nets really ever intend to play Murphy? Or did they just trade for him so they could acquire a large expiring contract and trade it away to relieve some money? Why don't you think Murphy is playing at all? Just a very confusing situation in my opinion. Now comes the question, what teams would be interested? I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers were interested in re-acquiring him. We could give up some kind of deal involving our first round pick. We'd get our power forward, and also a large expiring deal to have during the offseason to sign a free agent or two. Makes sense to me, but I don't know if Bird has any interest.

Thoughts?

Murphy doesn't fit into Avery's current system at all.

From what I have seen this year from Murphy, all he does is stand there and shoot 3's/long jumpers. We don't need another shooter on the court, we already have Morrow and Outlaw. We need someone willing to attack the paint like Favors and Hump.

It maybe that he is still injured, but so far he just looks lost and weak.

Either way we are straight. If we keep him he is a huge expiring contract. And if we trade him we will get something valuable in return because of his expiring.