Nuggets Want Lopez In Anthony Deal?

The Regime

The Nuggets are now pushing for center Brook Lopez in any trade with the Nets that would send All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey, according to a league source.

For months, Denver was reportedly insisting on the inclusion of rookie Derrick Favors in any Anthony deal.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70192/20101121/nuggets_want_lopez_in_anthony_deal/

There's no way that the Nets should or would ever do this trade. Guru, do you realize how valuable a legit franchise center is in the NBA? If you have one, you can dominate teams just by getting the ball to that legit paint scorer. (See Pau Gasol with the Lakers, Dwight Howard with the Magic, and even Roy Hibbert growing up with the Pacers). Lopez is a classic center who has great post moves, quick on his feet, and great defensively as well. Why would the Nets want to trade him for a Carmelo Anthony who you never know what he's going to want? He could start wanting out of New Jersey after a couple seasons as well. Keep the solid all-around young team that you have going right now.

There's no way that the Nets should or would ever do this trade. Guru, do you realize how valuable a legit franchise center is in the NBA? If you have one, you can dominate teams just by getting the ball to that legit paint scorer. (See Pau Gasol with the Lakers, Dwight Howard with the Magic, and even Roy Hibbert growing up with the Pacers). Lopez is a classic center who has great post moves, quick on his feet, and great defensively as well. Why would the Nets want to trade him for a Carmelo Anthony who you never know what he's going to want? He could start wanting out of New Jersey after a couple seasons as well. Keep the solid all-around young team that you have going right now.

Do you realize how valuable a superstar is? Lopez is not a superstar. Look at every team in the past 7 years and tell me a team that has won it all without a SUPERSTAR. And I'm not sure what the [expletive] you mean when you say 'you never know what he's going to want'. He wants money and to win like every damn player, it's not that complicated.

I'm all for Lopez and Favors to Denver... but I don't think Melo will agree to go to a team that's decimated.

C - Troy Murphy (lol)

PF - Kris Humphries (lol)

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - Terrence Williams

PG - Devin Harris

Unless the Nets can convince Melo they will score a free agent center next summer, build through draft picks or trade Murphy's expiring now for a decent C. Because Terrence Harris and Devin Harris are pretty good... and their bench players are pretty good too in Morrow, Farmar, and Outlaw.

Why would you trade Brook Lopez the Nets aren't [expletive]ing stupid. A duo of Harris, Lopez, and Melo can do some damage in the east till CP3 is a FA and then goes where ever Melo goes. Don't let this hot start by the Hornets fool you guys. CP3 and Melo will either from a duo in the league or a trio with Amar'e IMO.

^Trio. Interesting point as well my friend because the Hornets pretty much made that trade so they would be under the luxury tax thershold so they can actually trade for another star around Feb with Ariza and maybe West as bait. If that fails, Banks' and Green's contract come off the cap so that's another 8m gone and the Hornets can be a player in the FA market so maybe CP3 and Melo will form a duo in the Big Easy.

Edited by Newman

lol.... no it's not

Take Favors out and Nuggets will pull out of the deal. The centerpiece in your team's package is Favors, not Harris, not even your best player Lopez. Yes Favors is the centerpiece.

The question is who's that second guy to be put in the deal... so far you know the Nuggets have rejected Andrei Kirilenko.

It was even said the Nets will be willing to put Harris in as well (so it's Harris + Favors). But Nuggets are pushing for Nets to put in Lopez.

Take Favors out and Nuggets will pull out of the deal. The centerpiece in your team's package is Favors, not Harris, not even your best player Lopez. Yes Favors is the centerpiece.

The question is who's that second guy to be put in the deal... so far you know the Nuggets have rejected Andrei Kirilenko.

It was even said the Nets will be willing to put Harris in as well (so it's Harris + Favors). But Nuggets are pushing for Nets to put in Lopez.

You are so misinformed it's hilarious.

Even in the original deal, you guys would get Favors and Charlotte would get Harris. Not both.

But now instead of Favors, you would get Lopez... get it? Not Favors and Lopez you retard.

You are so misinformed it's hilarious.

Even in the original deal, you guys would get Favors and Charlotte would get Harris. Not both.

But now instead of Favors, you would get Lopez... get it? Not Favors and Lopez you retard.

Don't resort to personal attack.

In the original proposed deal, your team would have lost BOTH Favors and Harris to get Melo. Problem was, the Nuggets were not interested in Harris because we already have Billups and Ty, so your team invited Charlotte and Utah so the deal became Harris being redirected to Charlotte, and instead of Harris, the Nuggets would have got Kirilenko.

It wasn't Harris, but to get Kirilenko to Denver, your team has to send Harris too. Does it matter if Harris goes to Denver or Charlotte or Utah FROM YOUR TEAM'S POINT OF VIEW? No. In other words, would Nets fans like you care where Harris ends up? No. Here's what it looks like FROM YOUR TEAM'S POINT OF VIEW:

OUTPUT: Favors and Harris

INPUT: Melo

So now that the deal is dead, your team is trying to deal directly with Nuggets, without a 3rd team.

So if that's the case, the Nuggets are essentially asking the Nets back to replace Harris with Lopez. So it's looking like (FROM YOUR TEAM'S POINT OF VIEW):

OUTPUT: Favors and Lopez

INPUT: Melo

Without Favors, no deal. If a deal with Nets ever happens, I'll bet ANYTHING with you that Favors will be in the package. He's our #1 target.

Think again before calling anyone retard.

Hahaha one of the main reasons that the deal fell though is because we wanted to get D.J. Augustine from Charlotte. Harris was put in their to make salary work but in the end we wanted something back for him. That is why the other teams were involved. You really think we would give you Favors and Lopez for Melo? Hahaha. Do you realize how depleted our team would be if we did that? I personally don't think we are going to trade for Melo at all. He has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to come to New Jersey so I'm done with this pointless argument.

Do you really think Favors alone would secure Melo? Or Lopez alone?

If Nets have offered Favors and Harris... I don't see why the negotiation cannot get to Favors and Lopez, even if it means depleting the Nets' frontcourt. For the pure reason that Melo is one of the top 5 players, a superstar, and he might be lazy on some nights (although it's getting less often, trust me I'm the hardest Melo critic on the site) but fact is his team never missed a playoffs in his career. If it means getting a true franchise player, a player that sells merchandise and puts butts on the seats... Bad teams don't get better because they don't have that foundation to build around... Melo is that foundation. I don't see why Phokorov and Jay-Z won't do this.

If you trade Favors and Lopez for Melo and keep Williams and Harris, the 1-3 is one of the best in the L. You only need serviceable 4 and 5.

With Melo as the #1 option, Harris might thrive as #2 option and regain his All Star form.

Plus we can always throw in Melvin Ely.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

LOL

Lopez is not even an All Star yet... his stats are actually down across the board from last season:

- 17.2 ppg from 18.8 ppg

- 6.3 rpg from 8.6 rpg

- 1.3 apg from 2.3 apg

- 42.2 FG% from 49.9 FG%

- He fouls more (3.8 FPG from 3.1 FPG) in less minutes this season (34.7 mpg from 36.9 mpg)

D-Favors is a talent, but also a project.

Melo is proven.

I'm not even biased about Melo, again, I'm his biggest critic on this site. I also love Favors but this discussion stinks because of your biasedness.

No matter what, the Nets aren't going to give up pretty much all of their inside talent for Melo alone. Lopez can still improve, same for Favors. They can both be all-stars in the future. Sure, Melo is proven, but that doesn't mean much in this deal.

LOL

Lopez is not even an All Star yet... his stats are actually down across the board from last season:

- 17.2 ppg from 18.8 ppg

- 6.3 rpg from 8.6 rpg

- 1.3 apg from 2.3 apg

- 42.2 FG% from 49.9 FG%

- He fouls more (3.8 FPG from 3.1 FPG) in less minutes this season (34.7 mpg from 36.9 mpg)

D-Favors is a talent, but also a project.

Melo is proven.

I'm not even biased about Melo, again, I'm his biggest critic on this site. I also love Favors but this discussion stinks because of your biasedness.

Bias? Melo doesn't want to play for your team. Why on earth would it take the 3rd overall pick and one of the best bigs under 25 for someone who wants to be traded/resign elsewhere?

Laugh out loud.

• Like 1

My man, let's put it this way, your team wants to trade for Melo:

- WAY MORE than we want to trade Melo,

- WAY MORE than Melo wants to play for your team,

- WAY MORE than we want to trade for Favors and insert a second star here...

Talk about leverage. You think the Nets have leverage in these talks? When you can sense and feel their desperation even here in Australia. lol... Are you kidding?

Also remember that we rejected Favors and Kirilenko... and now all of a sudden you think Nuggets will take Favors alone for Melo? :lol:

Your team is not the only team we can trade Melo to. It is not "New York Nets". The Knicks can always sweeten their offer... or according to Marc Stein, Dallas, Houston and a lot of teams are willing to risk trading for Melo for the rest of the year and hoping he would sign extension on their team.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

The Nets may want Melo, but you guys need to trade him before the deadline.

Like I said before, I don't see him going to the Nets. All this discussion about him getting traded to the Nets is just getting repetitive.

Edited by Guru™

My man, let's put it this way, your team wants to trade for Melo:

- WAY MORE than we want to trade Melo,

- WAY MORE than Melo wants to play for your team,

- WAY MORE than we want to trade for Favors and insert a second star here...

Talk about leverage. You think the Nets have leverage in these talks? When you can sense and feel their desperation even here in Australia. lol... Are you kidding?

Also remember that we rejected Favors and Kirilenko... and now all of a sudden you think Nuggets will take Favors alone for Melo? :lol:

Your team is not the only team we can trade Melo to. It is not "New York Nets". The Knicks can always sweeten their offer... or according to Marc Stein, Dallas, Houston and a lot of teams are willing to risk trading for Melo for the rest of the year and hoping he would sign extension on their team.

Then he goes to the Knicks, haha.

There is a lot of teams that want him because he is a superstar but the fact is he wants out. Many teams including the Nets who are moving to his hometown who can just hope and pray he signs with them in the offseason rather than giving up a ton because clearly he doesn't want to be on the Nuggets and clearly he wants to win so that equals out to a team that is decent and no team will be decent if they give up everything.

But I'm mistaken.