Teague Set To Become Another Agent Zero

The Goods

Jeff Teague, taken with the 19th overall pick by the Hawks, will wear No. 0 to start his NBA career.

"I started wearing zero my freshman year of college," said Teague. "I wasn't highly recruited. I was kind of like the Gilbert Arenas story. He kind of reminded me of myself."

Teague has heard that he's too small to be a major player, and was lightly recruited out of high school.

"It was a lot of motivation," he said. "When I got there, people were telling me I probably wouldn't play a lot because I was a smaller guy and they had a lot of great players there already. But when I got my opportunity to play, I did pretty well. Now, to be in this situation, I feel like all the hard work has paid off."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60128/20090627/teague_set_to_become_another_agent_zero/

They actually are really alike stat wise coming out of college. Both cames out as Sophomores, averaged over 16PPG, shot over .410 from beyond the arc, shot over .480 from the field, and both had ugly assist/turnover ratios. We'll just have to wait and see.