Heat using Mario Chalmers as a trading chip for a veteran point guard

magicbalala245

Any teams out their willing to take Mario Chalmers for their veteran point guard? Doesn't Phoenix have Steve Nash on the block? Can Miami and Phoenix work out a deal for Nash?

Edited by magicbalala245

With Haslem out until at least February, they need a big man first and foremost. Whether it be by signing Dampier or making a trade, that needs to be done ASAP.

As for finding a veteran PG, I don't know if they will have much luck finding value in return. Chalmers is still hurt, and his trade value is at an all-time low since he hasn't gotten to see much PT this season. Personally, I don't see why they don't give him some extended minutes and see what he can do, or at least get his trade stock up a bit so they can get closer value in return.

• Owner

As Alex said, big man first. Chalmers, when healthy, still plays defense better than anyone else they can run at point other than Wade (so...Arroyo, haha), and he can make open shots. It's not like he's going to be expected to shoot, anyway, especially when Mike Miller gets back.

Jump for joy if you bring Nash in, but it's just another player who will need the ball. Will LeBron AND Wade agree to let Nash run the system he wants? It would be odd seeing the Heat's two best players pulling a 180 and turning into Ray Allen...and unless you run the pick and roll with LeBron and Wade, sending them to the rim, Nash will turn them into spot-up shooters and waste the talent they have.

Nash should be out of the question, anyway. The Heat don't have the goods to offer, unless they decide to trade Bosh. Miami won't be doing that anytime soon, though, because Nash is playing limited minutes and on his way to his permanent vacation home from the NBA.

Jarrett Jack would've worked. He defends, can shoot open jumpers, and just needs a new place to play (and he got it, of course). Steve Blake would've been ideal. They really don't have to be true point guards, either...a two-guard, who can defend the point, would work (not necessarily a combo guard, either).

But, first priority, a big that can defend true bigs, one that doesn't have to have touches in the post back on the offensive end to maintain his confidence. Good luck finding one, though, because Dampier is about as healthy and in shape as Chris Mihm.

i hope he gets traded, the boy deserves to be free, i think he can be a very sold player

he should go to the bobcats or something, they have augustin and livingston for pgs..he could get some minutes lol

Edited by Clutch

I wonder if Miami would consider Nene and J.R. Smith for Chris Bosh? We would do Kenyon Martin (and Heat would too), but he's out until January so I guess they'll not take him.

Let's face it, LeBron is the PG of this team. But if you want a secondary "PG", enters J.R. For those who don't believe J.R. has a great vision and passing skills like a PG, I insist you watch more Nugget games. He can penetrate and kick out, he does pick and roll with Nene (he's our best pick and roll passer on the team actually). He can make bounce/ straight pass. He can make pass off the dribble, he can draw more defenders and find open big men inside. I rarely see J.R. commit a TO passing the ball. Without bias, I can say with certainty that J.R.'s passing is so good that I would rate him as the best passer on the team, ahead of Ty, Melo, and Billups.

More importantly, J.R. can knock down outside shots.

C - Nene

PF - Udonis Haslem

SF - LeBron James

SG - Dwyane Wade

PG - J.R. Smith

---

For Nuggets, arrival of Chris Bosh is a win-win for Nuggets and Bosh. Bosh will definitely have a bigger role in Denver and can easily average 20 and 10... and for Nuggets, the arrival of Bosh gives them the strongest reason yet for Melo to stay.

C - Shelden Williams

PF - Chris Bosh

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - Arron Afflalo

PG - Chauncey Billups

What do you guys think? I'm all for this trade.

Nobody wants JR Smith playing the PG man :lol: that is [expletive]ing ridiculously. JR Smith takes so many shot and is so inconsistent with his jump shooting. He is either hot or cold shooting and let me bring this quote up from your own very coach George Karl

If your own Coach can recognize these mistakes JR makes game in and game out then why would anyone want this guy? Gary Forbes is taking over Smith's minutes lately also shows you how much faith George Karl really puts in JR Smith.

Edited by magicbalala245