The Mike Miller effect

Dash

Not necessarily saying that the Heat would be 14-0 right now or whatever, but I do think that a lot of people are underestimating the impact a Mike Miller could have on this team. Consistent three point shooter, great team player, etc...he's really the complete package as far as role players goes. James Jones and Eddie House have been great from behind the arc but Miller brings a whole lot when he's on the court imo. Thoughts?

• Owner

He would help, but he can't defend point guards and he can't defend bigs.

I doubt Spo or Riley would want to move Wade to point so soon, and I doubt Wade would want that as well.

To me, Haslem is the biggest loss they can have outside of LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

I watched Mike all of last season, and I know he'd be a great asset to bring off the bench. He'll help carry the load on offense and is more than capable of playing PG, SG, and SF. He's a very solid defender and an underrated rebounder.

BUT, it's not their biggest need right now. They need depth in the front court. Pacers got almost anything they wanted in the paint, they got to the basket at will and grabbed 12 offensive rebounds.

Yeah there's no doubt Miller is one of the best three point shooters in the league and would be able to make the Heat a more versatile offensive team with better three point shooting. I just want to wait and see how the Heat does when he comes back, hopefully he will be fully healed.

Miller might have gotten them 2 to 3 more wins and there would be a lot less pressure on the Super 3 to perform. But as RD said, the weak defense against inside players and PGs are also costing them games and Miller can't fix them.

He would help, but he can't defend point guards and he can't defend bigs.

I doubt Spo or Riley would want to move Wade to point so soon, and I doubt Wade would want that as well.

To me, Haslem is the biggest loss they can have outside of LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

what they need to do is make Bosh the five and LeBron the four. then, Miller could start at the three, Wade could stay at the two, and Chalmers can start at the one. this would make their lineup quicker, more versatile, and they'd have someone to spread the floor. they'd also still have a true point guard who could jump start the full-court offense and push the ball.

what they need to do is make Bosh the five and LeBron the four. then, Miller could start at the three, Wade could stay at the two, and Chalmers can start at the one. this would make their lineup quicker, more versatile, and they'd have someone to spread the floor. they'd also still have a true point guard who could jump start the full-court offense and push the ball.

Bosh is soft against other 4s and you want to pair him with 5s? Dwight would drop 50 a night if they met in the playoffs. Lebron is athetlic but he cant compete with a lengthy 4 like Pau Gasol or Kevin Garnett. The bench would look terrible with UD as their only decent defensive player (plus hes out for a while). If Shrek and Donkey dont eat them up Barnes and Blake would.

Bosh is soft against other 4s and you want to pair him with 5s? Dwight would drop 50 a night if they met in the playoffs. Lebron is athetlic but he cant compete with a lengthy 4 like Pau Gasol or Kevin Garnett. The bench would look terrible with UD as their only decent defensive player (plus hes out for a while). If Shrek and Donkey dont eat them up Barnes and Blake would.

when they play Orlando or Boston, they would have to start a true center. against teams with mediocre centers, though, I think the lineup I suggested could do wonders. it's an uptempo offense that could still play the half-court game. they should at least give it a shot, I think. what frustrated me most is sending Pittman to the D-League. this team is pitiful in terms of rebounding. we need his big body to defend centers and grab some boards. instead, we kick him off the roster and keep an aging, nearly worthless Magloire. I hated that move.

when they play Orlando or Boston, they would have to start a true center. against teams with mediocre centers, though, I think the lineup I suggested could do wonders. it's an uptempo offense that could still play the half-court game. they should at least give it a shot, I think. what frustrated me most is sending Pittman to the D-League. this team is pitiful in terms of rebounding. we need his big body to defend centers and grab some boards. instead, we kick him off the roster and keep an aging, nearly worthless Magloire. I hated that move.

Realistically the games against the teams without true centers dont really matter. The games against Boston, Orlando, LA, San Antonio, etc do, and all of those teams have big men capable of killing the lineup you posted above. Why use a line up against bad teams and not use it against the elite? Seems like meaningless chemistry to me. If they play that line-up sure they might put up 100+ points many nights but they would give up much more. Just another Phoenix Suns with bigger names and less chemistry to me. We all know the glaring weakness off this team is the size and until this team gets a decent rebounder and defensive presecence available, a la Greg Oden they are borderline elite. Personally, I would be surprised to see them make the ECF if the problem isnt solved.

Never said hes worthless, leave it to a Heat fan to have 2nd grade reading comprehension.

What I did say, was that he cant defend bigs, and he cant defend point guards, which is what they need. You could put James Jones or Eddie House out there and they will still spread the floor like Miller will. He will help but hes not gonna drastically change anything, the sooner you get that the easier the losses will be on you.

Never said hes worthless, leave it to a Heat fan to have 2nd grade reading comprehension.

you said, 'he ain't gonna do nothin they need,' which would insinuate worthlessness. that's how I interpreted it, at least.

What I did say, was that he cant defend bigs, and he cant defend point guards, which is what they need. You could put James Jones or Eddie House out there and they will still spread the floor like Miller will. He will help but hes not gonna drastically change anything, the sooner you get that the easier the losses will be on you.

I disagree completely. I think he'll have a great impact. Jones and House can spread the floor, but they're not as good of shooters as Miller. this guy has one of the best outside shots in the game when healthy. he could become a sixth man of the year candidate.

Edited by HOV