Better Draft Class 1996 or 2003

magicbalala245

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The top 3 players from 03 might be better than 1996's top 3, but 1996 had more depth and honestly, I don't think the gap between 03 and 96 best players is that wide.

Compare players after the top 4 in both classes and 1996 blows them away. Yeah Mo Will and Josh Howard were all-stars but they only had 1 all-star appearance. 1996 had guys with multiple AS appearances: JO x 6; Walker and Peja x 3; Big Z and Marbury x 2. If you include Ben Wallace who went undrafted then you have another 4x all-star.

1996 had some great role players with productive careers that aren't even listed in the original post: Kerry Kittles, Erick Dampier, Lorenzen Wright, Shandon Anderson, Jeff McInnis, Malik Rose, Tony Delk, Othella Harrington, Jerome Williams, and Jamie Feick (at least when he was healthy). And if you include undrafted players you got Erick Strickland and Chucky Atkins too.

I'll take 1996 every time. I think a better comparison should be with the 84 draft that had 4 HOFs, and not just HOFs, but 4 of the best players ever period.