Better Draft Class 1996 or 2003

magicbalala245

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question here are some notable players from the 1996 draft

Kobe Bryant

Allen Iverson

Steve Nash

Ray Allen

Stephon Marbury

Marcus Camby

Jermaine O'Neal

Derek Fisher

Peja Stojakovic

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Here are the All-Stars from the 96 class

Allen Iverson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Stephon Marbury, Ray Allen, Antoine Walker, Kobe Bryant, Peja Stojakovic, Steve Nash, Jermaine O’Neal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ben Wallace

And below is the 2003 Draft class

LeBron James

Dwayne Wade

Carmelo Anthony

Chris Bosh

Mickaël Pietrus

David West

Josh Howard

Boris Diaw

Mo Williams

Steve Blake

Kyle Korver

Here are the All-Stars from the 03 class

LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, David West, Josh Howard, Mo Williams

Please vote and state your reason on why that draft class is better then the other.

The depth of the 03 draft was insane

I'd still take the 07 draft over both though

But for other then Kevin Durant what else as the 07 class produced.

UPDATE: Here are others I see but that's about it

Aaron Brookes

Rudy Fernandez

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

Jeff Green

Carl Landry

Marc Gasol

Glen Davis

Jared Dudley

Edited by magicbalala245

But for other then Kevin Durant what else as the 07 class produced.

UPDATE: Here are others I see but that's about it

Aaron Brookes

Rudy Fernandez

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

Jeff Green

Carl Landry

Marc Gasol

Still guys like Rad Thad, Conley, Wilson Chandler, Afflalo who may turn out to be good or great. Still really early for that class. However looking at it right now I'm wrong, def the 03 class better. Who knows when it's all said and done though.

Same. That class produced a lot of all-stars and four superstars (Ray was a superstar in his prime).

I would say more developed HOF's in the 96 draft that just Superstars. You have Kobe, Ray, Nash, & AI. And with the 03 draft class the only lock's IMO are LeBron & Wade. Playoffs are what make you into HOF and so far Melo and Bosh have not done that much in the playoffs as far as advancing and taking their team to new heights. So IMO the book is still open on Melo and Bosh.

Edited by magicbalala245

I would say more developed HOF's in the 96 draft that just Superstars. You have Kobe, Ray, Nash, & AI. And with the 03 draft class the only lock's IMO are LeBron & Wade. Playoffs are what make you into HOF and so far Melo and Bosh have not done that much in the playoffs as far as advancing and taking their team to new heights. So IMO the book is still open on Melo and Bosh.

If playoffs are what makes you HOF then how are Nash and Ray HoF? Nah, career is what makes you HoF bud.

If playoffs are what makes you HOF then how are Nash and Ray HoF? Nah, career is what makes you HoF bud.

Playoffs separate the All-Stars from Superstars. If they player performs well and take his team far in the playoffs that is what makes him a star. Nash has done that multiple times and if it wasn't for a guy name Tim Duncan or Dirk Nash could have one or two rings right now with Phoenix. And Ray Allen did take his Bucks team far and was a beast for them in the playoffs when they made the ECF. Ray Allen averaged 27.1 ppg, including 51 percent three-point shooting. Ray Allen has proved he can take a team deep into the playoffs in his prime.

• Like 1

1996. Just the role players are some of the greatest role players of all time. 2 of the best shooters of all time and 3 great defensive bigs. Who wants to get past a prime Ben Wallace, Jermaine Oneal, and Marcus Camby?

Actually, make that 3 of the best shooters of all time. Peja, Nash, Allen.

Edited by Lemon

Kobe Bryant

Allen Iverson

Steve Nash

Stephon Marbury

Marcus Camby

Jermaine O'Neal

Derek Fisher

Ray Allen

Peja Stojakovic

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

How do you compete with FOUR hall of famers?

I like 1996 a lot better. Kobe, Iverson, Nash, Allen.

Agreed, also combined (Yes all together) 1996 has 10+ Champions Kobe (3) Fisher (3) Ray Allen (1) Antine Walker (1) Malik Rose (3) Samaki Walker(2)..

That is a GREAT class, I think the real debate should be 1984 vs 1996 :) :wub:

• 2 months later...

1996 by a mile, i mean Reef was almost the same as Bosh in his prime. I just think 03 class is probably slightly overrated. 96 class has produced at least 8 franchise players while the 03 class has only produced 3 franchise players.. oh wait, yeah bosh is a franchise player.

Wow, what's shocking to me is how everyone in the 1996 draft class is either washed up, retired, or playing in a different league while Bryant remains the top player in the NBA.

That's why I take 03 draft, more star power.

Because thats 15 years ago and players get old?

Plus I dont see how Nash and Allen are washed up?

People are comparing the way these guys are playing today but thats a very unfair comparison.. the 96 draft was way better