Ricky Rubio

Above 50% seeing as he's a little baby that's refusing to play by the rules. This chump should just go back to Europe, save the Wolves and everyone else a whole bunch of headaches.

That's a good percentage, I really hope he comes to us we really need him. But tell me this what do you think Minny would want from New York for Ricky Rubio?

Above 50% seeing as he's a little baby that's refusing to play by the rules. This chump should just go back to Europe, save the Wolves and everyone else a whole bunch of headaches.

He's not breaking any rules. He doesn't want to pay the $6 million buyout price that comes with coming here to Minnesota to play basketball. The kid's 18, he has a frail body, and needs to develop a proper jump shot. Instead of staying mediocre waiting for him to do it in Minny, I'd actually let him stay in Europe for 2 or 3 more years to do these things, and then come over (he's only going to be 20 in 2 years anyways) when the Wolves have most of their players (notably Jefferson and Love) in their primes, ready to roll. He'll step right in and create oppurtunities.

Although I do think he's being a little [expletive], but he's correct in saying he doesn't have to come over yet. We saw it with Fran Vasquez and Orlando. Vasquez may actually come over this Summer and join the Magic, so.

He's not breaking any rules. He doesn't want to pay the $6 million buyout price that comes with coming here to Minnesota to play basketball. The kid's 18, he has a frail body, and needs to develop a proper jump shot. Instead of staying mediocre waiting for him to do it in Minny, I'd actually let him stay in Europe for 2 or 3 more years to do these things, and then come over (he's only going to be 20 in 2 years anyways) when the Wolves have most of their players (notably Jefferson and Love) in their primes, ready to roll. He'll step right in and create oppurtunities.

Although I do think he's being a little [expletive], but he's correct in saying he doesn't have to come over yet. We saw it with Fran Vasquez and Orlando. Vasquez may actually come over this Summer and join the Magic, so.

I don't think he will ever come back to the NBA if he is with Minnesota. He said he wants to go play in New York or Los Angeles.

• Owner

Very little chance, unless the front office decides David Lee can contribute more, because that may be the only player Minny is interested in for Rubio.

In the process, Minnesota did pick up Flynn, so I would assume they don't care too much that Ricky may go back to Spain for a year.

Very little chance, unless the front office decides David Lee can contribute more, because that may be the only player Minny is interested in for Rubio.

In the process, Minnesota did pick up Flynn, so I would assume they don't care too much that Ricky may go back to Spain for a year.

Yeah, but I don't understand if they want Lee they already have Al Jefferson and Kevin Love. Where will Lee fit in then? I think ILL Will is more common sense if they want a wild small-forward but I don't think Donnie Walsh would trade Wilson.

• Owner

I'm sure Minnesota wouldn't mind playing three bigs like that. Lee, Jefferson and Love are all three true power forwards to begin with. They can bring Lee or Love off the bench and still have them play big minutes.

I'm sure Minnesota wouldn't mind playing three bigs like that. Lee, Jefferson and Love are all three true power forwards to begin with. They can bring Lee or Love off the bench and still have them play big minutes.

I wish broski, I just want Ricky Rubio on the Knicks that's all that matters to me at this point.

I don't think Rubio will be traded to New York simply because I don't think the Knicks can put together an enticing package. Nate Robinson is too similar to Jonny Flynn to make much a difference in Minnesota. David Lee would just create a log-jam at the four and him getting minutes might slow the rapid development of Jefferson and Love as very good players in the league, plus Love may very well develop into a very similar player as Lee as far as production goes in the next year or two. Hill would also create a log-jam at the four. The other option would be a deal centered around Wilson Chandler, and that's just not going to cut it for the 'next Steve Nash'. New York's best pieces play the same position as the Wolves' main strength.

I don't think Rubio will be traded to New York simply because I don't think the Knicks can put together an enticing package. Nate Robinson is too similar to Jonny Flynn to make much a difference in Minnesota. David Lee would just create a log-jam at the four and him getting minutes might slow the rapid development of Jefferson and Love as very good players in the league, plus Love may very well develop into a very similar player as Lee as far as production goes in the next year or two. Hill would also create a log-jam at the four. The other option would be a deal centered around Wilson Chandler, and that's just not going to cut it for the 'next Steve Nash'. New York's best pieces play the same position as the Wolves' main strength.

good point

Good point indeed kadillak, I see this deal going through any way possible for the Wolves though honestly, sounds like Rubio is such a punk he's never going to play anywhere cold (although if he thinks New York is nice and warm he's retarded, but it seems like he'd be willing to go there).

Edited by Kirby

I'd say 25% if Knicks really wanted too they could send Wilson Chandler over and land Rubio Minnesota is in need of a SG/SF

Eh, the Wolves just drafted a SG in Ellington and they have two young guys already at the 3 in Brewer and Carney, so they don't really 'need' Chandler especially when you're considering he may very well be a bench player in Minnesota. A potential franchise player in exchange for an average starter or bench player is a no-go.

lol Wilson Chandler is much better than Ellington Brewer and Carney Chandler has the pot to be an all star IMO none of those 3 do

Carney and Ellington most definitely have he ability to be future All-Stars in the future. It might take them longer to develop, but Minnesota is in no hurry. Chandler's just not much of an upgrade, if any, to trade a potential franchise player for.

Couldnt have said it any better myself. I do see Rubio with the knicks however, but it looks as though it might be a 3 team deal, with Lee going somewhere else, Rubio going to NY, and a good SG/SF going to Minny.

Too bad for Minny, looks like they're gonna be in trouble for a few more years at least.

Yeah, drafting Rubio meant drafting a hassle in terms of the buyout, his desires and where he wants to play. Yi Jianlian had the same issue a couple of years ago, but he was only picky about where he wanted to play. Whoever's got Rubio is going to have to deal with the 6 million dollar buyout and then wonder if he can play up to his expectations for that matter.

If the Knicks can trade for him and sign LeBron next season, the Knicks would be set for at least the next decade.

I think we will trade Wilson Chandler and another player for Ricky Rubio after all. I don't want to trade Wilson but I look at it this way if we trade him that will leave room for LeBron like Real Deal smelled my plan haha so yeah trading Wilson will probably hurt us in the future but to have a point that has a chance to become really special is something we need to get and we will have probably LeBron James who will go down as one of the greatest of all-time. So with Ricky Rubio and LeBron James that is just an instant Championship waiting to happen.