Andrea Bargnani

*Swish*

With Chris Bosh leaving to South Beach, Andrea Bargnani found himself as the new leader for the Toronto Raptors. He looks much better than last year and is averaging 20.8 points, 5.10 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/andrea_bargnani.jpg

As our leader, I think he should average more rebounds that he's averaging right now. We don't have a really good defensive team so he has to step up on defense and make sure to grab more rebounds to help the Raptors. He's doing a fine job this year. Despite some random bad decisions and shots, he's more aggressive and drives to the hoop way more than last year. Hope to see him keep being consistent and be our leader for the whole season.

Honestly, he looks like the exact same player as last year. His scoring has just gone up because he went from taking 14 shots a game last season to 17 a game this season and his USG% has increased from 22 to 28.

Sure, he gets to the line a couple more times a game this season but he has looked like the exact same player this season as he has for the past season or two.

And what do you mean by you "hope to see him keep being consistent"? How has he been consistent this season? The only thing that has been consistent about his play is his great first halves and invisible second halves. He also has not been driving to the hoop "way more" this season either. 85% of his shots are still jump shots and that is right around the number that he was at last season.

Evidently we haven't been watching the same Bargnani this season because he looks like the same player to me with the only noticeable difference is the amount of touches he gets a game.

Honestly, he looks like the exact same player as last year. His scoring has just gone up because he went from taking 14 shots a game last season to 17 a game this season and his USG% has increased from 22 to 28.

Sure, he gets to the line a couple more times a game this season but he has looked like the exact same player this season as he has for the past season or two.

And what do you mean by you "hope to see him keep being consistent"? How has he been consistent this season? The only thing that has been consistent about his play is his great first halves and invisible second halves. He also has not been driving to the hoop "way more" this season either. 85% of his shots are still jump shots and that is right around the number that he was at last season.

Evidently we haven't been watching the same Bargnani this season because he looks like the same player to me with the only noticeable difference is the amount of touches he gets a game.

We have been watching the same Bargnani. But he's more aggressive than last year WAY MORE and in my opinion, that makes him a different player.

Edited by *Swish*

Wizards @ Raptors December 1 2010

26 minutes played 8-13 FG%18 points 8 rebounds 3 assists 3 turnovers 5 fouls +12 efficiency

http://www.calciomercato.it/imagenes/original/NEWS_1243277283_andrea_bargnani.jpg

Bargnani had a solid game tonight and was effective from the floor. He was aggressive and drove to the rim a lot, created a lot of fouls and made some 3 point plays. He had a great shooting night. Only played 26 minutes due to the big lead the Raptors had all game long. In a short played game, I'd say it was a great game for him. He showed up aggressive and I really like that new aspect of his game. He used to always shoot random shots. Tonight, he really played smartly. (When he had an open shot and an open lane at the same time, he drove right away instead of hesitating)

Edited by *Swish*

41:31 minutes 26 points 12 rebounds 2 assists +17 efficiency 11-20 FG%

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2010/11/10/584-bargnani-andrea-101029.jpg

Great game for Andrea Bargnani tonight. Keeps being aggressive driving to the basket and the shot was pretty good tonight. Defense should of have a little more efforts in it though. I hate to see 0 blocks from him but good efficiency and good game for him. And he also had his first double double of the season with a solid 26-12 performance in a WIN against the Thunder Durant-less. Good shooting game for him as well. 11/20

16 points 7 rebounds 3 turnovers in 32 minutes of play 8-19 FG%

I didn't watch the game I was at the gym but by looking at these stats I could already know that he hustled for the rebounds but didn't always make the right decision on the offensive end. He wouldn't be 8-19 from the field if he drove to the rim instead of popping random jump shots. Anyways, not a bad game but 8-19 from the field is not good at all for him or anyone

16 points 7 rebounds 3 turnovers in 32 minutes of play 8-19 FG%

I didn't watch the game I was at the gym but by looking at these stats I could already know that he hustled for the rebounds but didn't always make the right decision on the offensive end. He wouldn't be 8-19 from the field if he drove to the rim instead of popping random jump shots. Anyways, not a bad game but 8-19 from the field is not good at all for him or anyone

Yes it was. He was absolutely awful yesterday. Useless offensively, didn't fight for rebounds as most of them sort of just fell into his lap and was completely abused on defense. His numbers are alright, I guess, but make no mistake about it, Bargnani was brutal yesterday. The Raptors played better when he wasn't on the floor.

40 minutes 41 points 7 rebounds 6 assists.

Talk about a game. Despite a tough loss, Andrea Bargnani had a career high and one of his best game of his career. 6 assists is really good for a big man. He played with confidence and was more aggressive than he was against previous teams especially last time they played the Knicks. I'm proud he outscored Amare and Felton who was the scoring leader for the first half. 16-24 is not too bad either.. anyways great game for Andrea Bargnani. He knows he's th leader, and he's playing like one.

As we go through the season Andrea has began to impress me. He still has the rebounding issue but his offense has improved. Andrea has taken a lot less threes and has been playing a lot more in the post then I expected him to. He has stuck with the mid range game as oppose to the three ball game. Teams are now planning to stop him and he just needs to be consistent and get better at passing out of the double team. Other than that I’ve like what I’ve seen out of Andrea.

40 minutes 24 points 3 rebounds 3 assists 7-17 FG

Lame game. Honestly. 24 points is alright but 3 rebounds for a big man? and he's not even undersized! 7-17 is not that great either... he could do much better but it all depends on the decisions he takes offensively. 2-7 from the 3 is the example of bad decisions on the offensive end.

Edited by *Swish*

38 minutes 22 points 5 rebounds 8-13 FG%

Bad game. Horrible defensive game. Bad decisions because of good defense from Ben Wallace. Every time he's played good defense, he jacks up random shots. I just HATE IT. anyways, we still got the 25 comeback win and Bayless stepped up so it's all good. Hope he could step his game up. Yeah he goes over 20 points but he could do much better in my opinion

28 minutes 12 points 8 rebounds 4 turnovers.

Charlotte is a good defensive team but Bargnani is a really good talented big man that could shoot the three ball, the mid range shot and drive to the rim. He only shot tonight though.. I never understood why. Every time he's played good defense on, he pops up random shots. Worst game of the season for him. He was off all night, had 4 turnovers and was horrible on the defensive end as much as on the other end of the floor. Was sloppy and lazy. Wanted to punch him the the face tonight. Hopefully, he'll wake up tomorrow against the Chicago Bulls