Joe Johnson to miss 4-6 weeks

AboveLegit

Joe Johnson is likely to miss four to six weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow, according to Hawks public relations czar Arthur Triche.

Triche's tweet says he "could" miss four to six weeks, but also says that the surgery will be performed by Dr. James Andrews. Mo Evans will likely become the new starting shooting guard, while Jamal and Jordan Crawford are also going to see a boost. Expect Johnson back in action some time around mid-January.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=145224

Worst contract ever?

Because he's going to miss 1 month 2 months into it? That seems sort of silly to base it on that. If you are basing it on other things you may have an argument but there are other horrid contracts besides this one.

• Owner

No-show Joe can't even try to show now.

If I were Drew, honestly, I would stick the ball into Jordan Crawford's hands and say, "Get it done, rook." Let this dude out of the cage and give him 5 games to prove he's a scorer in this league.

• Like 1

Worst contract ever?

How is it the worst contract ever when it isn't even the worst contract in the NBA right now? Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas and maybe Elton Brand all have worse contracts than Johnson does. Sure, it is far from ideal but he is still a bonafide 20/5/5 player when healthy (which I don't think he has been so far this season) and that is a hell of a lot more than you can say for a guy like Lewis, who gets paid $20M+ to sit behind the three point line, play god awful defense and score 12 points a game. Arenas and Brand have the injury excuse tied to them, so I can understand cutting them a bit of slack, but what is the excuse for Lewis?

You've posted this probably 3 or 4 times now, and you have yet to even give any sort of reasoning for why it is the worst contract ever.

• Like 1

How is it the worst contract ever when it isn't even the worst contract in the NBA right now? Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas and maybe Elton Brand all have worse contracts than Johnson does. Sure, it is far from ideal but he is still a bonafide 20/5/5 player when healthy (which I don't think he has been so far this season) and that is a hell of a lot more than you can say for a guy like Lewis, who gets paid $20M+ to sit behind the three point line, play god awful defense and score 12 points a game. Arenas and Brand have the injury excuse tied to them, so I can understand cutting them a bit of slack, but what is the excuse for Lewis?

You've posted this probably 3 or 4 times now, and you have yet to even give any sort of reasoning for why it is the worst contract ever.

Yes, and how about the Steve Francis contract not too long ago, or Marbury's, or Jared Jeffries, or Eddy Curry, or Jerome James, hell any contract the Knicks gave out in the Isiah era :lol:

Joe Johnson wasn't that good this beginning of the season but still averaged more than 15 points per game so that will be a huge loss for the Atlanta Hawks. Other guys will step it up and Jamal Crawford will be the starter but Hawks could only hope he'll be alright a.s.a.p