Phil Jackson says Houston two titles are tainted`

Should have beaten the Magic then Phil.

Its not the Bulls had the Rockets number either, Houston owned them in their head to head games in the regular season. We will never know how it would have played out if Michael never retired but the fact of the matter is that Houston got past some other greats in David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Stockton/Malone, etc. You can' take that away from us.

• Like 1

As of a Lakers fan, I do respect Phil but I must say he needs to get over it. Hes not focusing and hes playing his team that is not doing very well at the moment. I would also believe that Phil would of also said that but only replacing Jordan's name with Bryant.

I'm fairly confident that the 94 Bulls would have won the title that year, it would be the most talented Bulls team to date. You'd be replacing Pete Myers at SG with Jordan (who was still at his athletic peak at that point) and had Kukoc coming off the bench to give them a scoring punch they lacked in previous years. Let's not forget you'd be having Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong playing at their peaks. The center position would have been an issue, but that was always an issue with Bulls championship teams. And it's hard to bet against Jordan in the playoffs, the man is after all, 6-0 in the finals.

Where it gets dicey for me is the following seasons. They lost Grant the following season and essentially had no height on that team.

As strange as it is to say, the two years Jordan effectively spent out of the league may have been the best thing to happen to his career and legacy because it created the illusion of invincibility that he still carries with him today. If he's beaten once in the playoffs, that all disappears and it's uncertain that he would've been able to get it back.

I'm fairly confident that the 94 Bulls would have won the title that year, it would be the most talented Bulls team to date. You'd be replacing Pete Myers at SG with Jordan (who was still at his athletic peak at that point) and had Kukoc coming off the bench to give them a scoring punch they lacked in previous years. Let's not forget you'd be having Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong playing at their peaks. The center position would have been an issue, but that was always an issue with Bulls championship teams. And it's hard to bet against Jordan in the playoffs, the man is after all, 6-0 in the finals.

Where it gets dicey for me is the following seasons. They lost Grant the following season and essentially had no height on that team.

As strange as it is to say, the two years Jordan effectively spent out of the league may have been the best thing to happen to his career and legacy because it created the illusion of invincibility that he still carries with him today. If he's beaten once in the playoffs, that all disappears and it's uncertain that he would've been able to get it back.

I agree, I believe if the Rockets meet the Bulls in the 94 Finals then Chicago may have came up on top, but if the Bulls and Rockets would have met in 95 I think the Rockets would have won. I mean it was destiny for us to win that year we were the 6th seed and beat the top 3 seeds in the West and swept the #1 seed in the East. I know its hard beating against the Jordan but I believe we would have actually beaten them that year if they had made it to the Finals.