East vs. West

Real Deal

• Owner

Seven of the top nine teams in the NBA are out of the Western Conference.

The seventh seed in the West has a better record than Miami and Atlanta, the third best teams in the East.

In addition to that, San Antonio and Dallas currently have the two best records in the NBA, both out of the West.

The three worst teams in the NBA (Clippers, Kings, Wolves) are in the West as well.

Just an observation. I remember we were all discussing this after July.

West will own the East until Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, and others retire...

and Nash ^_^

I've always seen the East as the rising conference and the West as the veteran conference but I see the West as a more talented and balanced conference.

and Nash ^_^

I've always seen the East as the rising conference and the West as the veteran conference but I see the West as a more talented and balanced conference.

I think since Amar'e left the Suns are sadly no longer a threat...

Nash is my favorite Mav ever though http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

The Eastern Conference seems more "showy" I guess you can say with names such as the big three in Boston and Miami as well as a guy concerned the best big man in the game with Dwight Howard.

On the other hand, the West are more experienced than any team in the East other than maybe Boston, and they know what it takes to win while teams on the East are either young/inexperienced or have just formed like the Miami Heat and don't have the chemistry the teams in the West possess.

East will win. They have more younger players like D12, LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Rondo

West has old players like Duncan, Kobe, Dirk etc.

Using that logic...What's happened the last two years?

Honestly it’s been the same story for the past decade. There is just more talent in the west and a lot of the teams in the west have more consistent winning environment than teams in the east. Also believe a lot of team in the west has stayed together longer than most teams in the east. I think that factors in terms of team chemistry.