#4 Player of the League

*Swish*

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dwight Howard. Best defensive anchor in the league. His man defense isn't the best, but when you're getting your team to 2nd in defensive efficiency while having par to subpar defensive players, like Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson, it speaks volumes on how important Dwight's defense is.

Plus, his offensive game is improving. He's introduced a midrange shot this year which isn't efficient, but he's still the most efficient offensive superstar in the league averaging 21 pts on 13 tries. He's always overlooked in the MVP race i guess for not averaging more pts, but his impact is undeniable.

Seems like a lot of people are set on Chris Paul, which I would understand if it was back when the Hornets were coming off of their big start. But right now, the Hornets have fallen back down to Earth and so has CP3. I get it though, Paul was on pace to being MVP with how well the Hornets were playing, but lately they've been doing pretty bad. All fingers point to CP3 for the slump too. Looking at his 4th quarter stats from Nov 13 to Nov 26, Paul tends to slow down and let his team slip.

Over the last 7 games in the 4th quarter, Chris's stats are scary -

0.8 Points Per Game

1.4 Assist Per Game

0.8 Rebounds Per Game

0 Steals

2-12 FG's (16%)

0-2 3PT

Courtesy of http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=22931970&Pg=1

Chris Paul has been a ghost in the fourth quarter in those 6 games where it mattered. I don't know about you guys, but that's not an MVP performance.

After that? He was outplayed by Russel Westbrook recently last Monday in the 4th quarter. Chris Paul choked. Furthermore, I'm even going to go as far as to say that D. Will has been the better PG this season. Check out D. Will's performance against Indiana last Friday. 24 pts on 15 tries, 16 Assists, 0 turnovers. Pair this performance with how well Utah has been doing lately and you can see that the battle for best PG is closer than some of you guys think.

Tony Parker was the most recent PG to get the best of Chris Paul. No way is CP3 the fourth best player in the league right now.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can go against Dirk right now. So my vote is for him (it won't let me vote on the poll).

Seems like a lot of people are set on Chris Paul, which I would understand if it was back when the Hornets were coming off of their big start. But right now, the Hornets have fallen back down to Earth and so has CP3. I get it though, Paul was on pace to being MVP with how well the Hornets were playing, but lately they've been doing pretty bad. All fingers point to CP3 for the slump too. Looking at his 4th quarter stats from Nov 13 to Nov 26, Paul tends to slow down and let his team slip.

Courtesy of http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=22931970&Pg=1

Chris Paul has been a ghost in the fourth quarter in those 6 games where it mattered. I don't know about you guys, but that's not an MVP performance.

After that? He was outplayed by Russel Westbrook recently last Monday in the 4th quarter. Chris Paul choked. Furthermore, I'm even going to go as far as to say that D. Will has been the better PG this season. Check out D. Will's performance against Indiana last Friday. 24 pts on 15 tries, 16 Assists, 0 turnovers. Pair this performance with how well Utah has been doing lately and you can see that the battle for best PG is closer than some of you guys think.

yet people still vote for Kevin Durant who is shooting horribly and has decreased numbers all across the board (except turnovers, which have increased), while the 2 teams have near enough the same record (OKC has 1 more win but they've played 1 more game)

Right now, today, if you ask me..

Dirk Nowitzki... not being a homer.

Ahsan I know you love Dirk as do I, but it's easily Durant.

Edited by STL10