What is your facebook cartoon photo?

Guest STL10

****************IF YOU REPOST THIS MESSAGE ON YOUR FACEBOOK, YOU WILL SAVE CHILDREN WHO ARE BEING ABUSED. YES POSTING A PICTURE OF A CARTOON IS PREVENTING A HAND TO A CHILDS FACE**************IF YOU DONT REPOST OR SEND TO 47 FRIEND, THE DEVIL WILL WAKE UP AT 4:44 AM *********************

For real.

All the people who have changed their profile pics, did you know that a

group of peadophiles made this event up? Their doing it as kids will

accept their friend requests faster if they see a cartoon pic and has

nothing to do with supporting child abuse. Was shown on TV so change

your pics back!

just another way to get the ugly people pictures off of facebook!

EDIT: no disrespect to the children around the world who are being abused and to those who have been abused in the past. i just don't see how putting up a picture of a cartoon will be helping

isn't their an organization that you can go join if you have the time... or an organization you can support by giving $ to if you don't have the time? speaking at younger children's school and letting them know that abuse of any kind isn't good... there are many more PRODUCTIVE options out there to prevent child abuse/breast cancer than following a facebook trend.

Edited by N.1.A.K.

just another way to get the ugly people pictures off of facebook!

EDIT: no disrespect to the children around the world who are being abused and to those who have been abused in the past. i just don't see how putting up a picture of a cartoon will be helping

isn't their an organization that you can go join if you have the time... or an organization you can support by giving $ to if you don't have the time? speaking at younger children's school and letting them know that abuse of any kind isn't good... there are many more PRODUCTIVE options out there to prevent child abuse/breast cancer than following a facebook trend.

Well personally are you doing anything to help with it? If not I don't really see where you're [expletive]ing from...

Well personally are you doing anything to help with it? If not I don't really see where you're [expletive]ing from...

for breast cancer.. ya i did more than follow along with some stupid "WHERE DO PUT YOUR PURSE?" chain i've donated money, like im sure a ton of people have, and when i was younger and living in SF i used to help out at functions that would raise money for breast cancer....

for the child abuse... no.. but then again what have the people who put up the cartoon pictures done? im betting a majority of them have done squat.

EDIT: if you can give me a legit reason as to how your cartoon picture is helping stop child abuse then +1 for you. right now a child is out there in a helpless situation and im sure your CARTOON is helping out a ton... and i know my ranting isn't doing much to help either... but then again im the guy who'd rather put my time searching for a foundation/organization to help than cartoon pics to put up on my FB.

and no i don't want a pat on the back or a high five, in case anyone thinks thats the case, i was asked a question so i answered.

Edited by N.1.A.K.

why are people getting so pissed off over this :unsure:

just to clarify.. im not getting pissed... i just wanted to state that i don't know how a picture of a cartoon on facebook is helping anything... but w/e

im done with this thread.

EDIT: and i apologize for any trouble caused.

Edited by N.1.A.K.

N.1.A.K. and others are logically right it doesn't help stop child abuse by putting a pic of a cartoon character as your facebook default, but at the same time it's just a trending thing to do on facebook right now and they have done this in the past also.

It doesn't hurt anything and it's a fun way for people to show they care about the issue. Next step would be to donate, or help out in some way ya most probably wont and it will be on to the next social issue but it's a small reminder how lucky we all are....

• Like 1

N.1.A.K. and others are logically right it doesn't help stop child abuse by putting a pic of a cartoon character as your facebook default, but at the same time it's just a trending thing to do on facebook right now and they have done this in the past also.

It doesn't hurt anything and it's a fun way for people to show they care about the issue. Next step would be to donate, or help out in some way ya most probably wont and it will be on to the next social issue but it's a small reminder how lucky we all are....

It's actually one of the laziest ways to show you care and that's the generation we live in now.

It's actually one of the laziest ways to show you care and that's the generation we live in now.

Ya it does but without that lazy method it doesn't even get mentioned. It's the lowest of the lowest but it's just like any other PSA you hear on the radio, it's mostly ignored.

If putting up a cartoon pic means you "care" then I am all for it, but you have a lot of people struggling with financial issues now days and that supersedes external issues, it's selfish but it's the truth.

How do you want me to show that I care? Should I whip out a 2 x 4 and go crack some skulls of some child abusing pieces of [expletive]?

How do you want me to show that I care? Should I whip out a 2 x 4 and go crack some skulls of some child abusing pieces of [expletive]?

I'm not suggesting how anyone should help but it's lazy. I know I help with Big Brothers and Big Sisters and know people who do fundraisers going door to door to help raise money while I see people actually thinking they are helping by putting a cartoon up which a child abuser can easily do too.

Ya it does but without that lazy method it doesn't even get mentioned. It's the lowest of the lowest but it's just like any other PSA you hear on the radio, it's mostly ignored.

If putting up a cartoon pic means you "care" then I am all for it, but you have a lot of people struggling with financial issues now days and that supersedes external issues, it's selfish but it's the truth.

It doesn't mean you "care" really. Like I said above a child abuser can put his picture of a Pokemon and does that show they care?

I'm not getting into a huge arguement over it but I just laugh at people who think they make a difference in the world by updating facebook.