Broncos fire Josh McDaniels

Cobb

A little bit too early in my opinion. While the team has been horrible since the hot start last season, I would have at least given him the rest of the season and then reevaluated.

But isn't it odd how many Belichek proteges go down the tube once they're on their own? I guess they aren't as good when they aren't filming the opposition. :D I kid, of course. But yeah, I don't think it'll take too long for McDaniels to latch onto another team as an offensive coordinator.

As far as the Broncos' next coach, I think that they should try to get Rob Ryan in the offseason. It'd be good to get a defensive minded head coach after your experiment with an offensive juggernaut of a mind at the helm failed.

Good for the Broncos. He really destroyed their team by trading away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis and Tony Scheffler.

Eh. Orton has been, in my opinion, better than Cutler since the deal. Cutler is the one quarterback that I wouldn't want to have on my team. He gambles way too much and I think that the risk far outweighs the reward. Marshall was a headache, but his talent really made it worth it, so getting rid of him wasn't a very good move. Hillis just wasn't being used much. It was dumb of McDaniels to give him only 13 rushes after his solid rookie year, but if you had the opportunity to trade your fullback for a talented quarterback that could still be salvaged, like they did when acquiring Brady Quinn, wouldn't you take it? As far as Scheffler, it just seems as if Denver coaches didn't like him or something. He consistently proved to be a pretty damn good receiving tight end, but the team didn't really try to get the ball into his hands. But with the system that McDaniels was trying to implement, Scheffler was expendable, so moving him wasn't too ludicrous.

Depending on who comes in, this could potentially throw a roadblock in Tim Tebow's progression, which he was making this year. We'll see what happens on that front I suppose.

The Broncos should bring in a defensive guy, because it has been continually shown time and time again that offensive minds tend not to work and that could hurt the Broncos once again. They need some stability, because they have a decent talent level and a good amount of players you can keep and build around. Plus they have the fanbase to compete money wise.

ESPN NFL - Broncos name running backs coach Eric Studesville as interim head coach for remainder of season

While the ground game has picked up in recent weeks, I think that this is a bad call and allo but ensures that the team goes after a head coach in the offseason rather than sticking with their interim.

I'm very disappointed with the way the Broncos handled this situation. Sure, McDaniels did film the practice, and that's probably what sold the fact that he would not retain his job after the season, but don't fire him mid-season. Let the man at least finish the season out. Maybe that's just me, but I would let him finish it out. So who is going to be the new head coach is the question?

Eh. Orton has been, in my opinion, better than Cutler since the deal. Cutler is the one quarterback that I wouldn't want to have on my team. He gambles way too much and I think that the risk far outweighs the reward. Marshall was a headache, but his talent really made it worth it, so getting rid of him wasn't a very good move. Hillis just wasn't being used much. It was dumb of McDaniels to give him only 13 rushes after his solid rookie year, but if you had the opportunity to trade your fullback for a talented quarterback that could still be salvaged, like they did when acquiring Brady Quinn, wouldn't you take it? As far as Scheffler, it just seems as if Denver coaches didn't like him or something. He consistently proved to be a pretty damn good receiving tight end, but the team didn't really try to get the ball into his hands. But with the system that McDaniels was trying to implement, Scheffler was expendable, so moving him wasn't too ludicrous.

No, at least not after a solid season out of my starting QB last year and selecting a QB with my 1st Round pick.

The Broncos' are morons. McDaniels definitely should've gotten another season. Teams are way too quick to fire coaches these days.

He has lost 17 of the last 22 games, not to mention has completely wasted draft picks, and shipped out some great talent over the last 2 years. He deserved to be fired.

He has lost 17 of the last 22 games, not to mention has completely wasted draft picks, and shipped out some great talent over the last 2 years. He deserved to be fired.

Oh...I didn't realize McDaniels is the GM, Director of Player Personnel, and Head Coach. If so, then yes, he's made a few mistakes, and deserves to be fired.

But I believe there's others making those decisions as well. And his team was pretty horrible this season.

Since we are crediting him with all those failures, maybe we should also credit him with a victory such as making Kyle Orton much better and one of the better QB's in the league.