Nexus...

Dash

If Cena went heel, he would have to really go hard on the mic. I'm thinking Triple H, in Cena's body, where a lot of his hate would have to come from the fans, and delivered TO the fans from him. A heel version of Cena that only took his anger out on other wrestlers would basically be him right now, but instead of going after Nexus, he would be trying to topple faces (don't know of anyone off the top of my head, just now started watching wrestling again). The female fans would still like him because they think he's cute, and while he would lose a few of those female fans, there will be male fans that start to like him a little more, as opposed to hating him due to how he has never changed. Same Cena.

The WWE needs a heel that the fans truly hate, and a face that every single fan loves. It seems like nobody knows which one Orton is, half of the crowd likes Cena, and...I don't know...it's just not there.

I'll put it this way: back in the day, when my friends and I would talk wrestling, we would be talking how someone needs to destroy the Nexus (assuming they were around in the late 90s), not how they need to be better-represented in the business. When Hogan dropped a leg on Macho Man, it was devastating. Fans were throwing cups, booing, absolutely HATING a man that breathed life back into wrestling in the 80s and early 90s.

But, it was good...and that's what Vince needs.

I don't know, The Rock was arguably the most loved wrestler in WWE/F history (hence the 'People's Champ' gimmick) and his heel turn was moderately successful. Same with Chris Jericho, was also a fan favorite in the Attitude Era. Although I did like both as faces but still they didn't do too bad. Where Cena's trouble may lie is on the mic, just might be too awkward for him to pull it off as a heel (where your argument of how the fans would react comes in). Most great heels though need a good creative staff and that is what the WWE is truly lacking right now because most of the storylines now are just awful.

I can't think of many decent heels in recent memory except for maybe Randy Orton but the fans seem to like him the way he is now, which is borderline babyface like Stone Cold in the past.

The Rock was simply the GOAT of wrestling there is no other wrester in WWE/F to be better then this man. The Rock had it all. He had the fans, the punchlines, the charisma, and simply the WHAT factor. When Rock walked down those ramps you simply wanted to watch cause you didn't know WHAT was gonna happen. Without a shadow of a doubt the Rock is the greatest wrestler of all time and Cena will never ever be able to touch the Rock. Cena wishes he had 1/10 of Rock's charisma, punchlines, fans, and that WHAT factor. Cena as a special ref would never ever and I mean EVER draw a crowd's attention like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaALwxbNfr0

Start the clip at 4:17

I don't know, The Rock was arguably the most loved wrestler in WWE/F history (hence the 'People's Champ' gimmick) and his heel turn was moderately successful. Same with Chris Jericho, was also a fan favorite in the Attitude Era. Although I did like both as faces but still they didn't do too bad. Where Cena's trouble may lie is on the mic, just might be too awkward for him to pull it off as a heel (where your argument of how the fans would react comes in). Most great heels though need a good creative staff and that is what the WWE is truly lacking right now because most of the storylines now are just awful.

I can't think of many decent heels in recent memory except for maybe Randy Orton but the fans seem to like him the way he is now, which is borderline babyface like Stone Cold in the past.

The Rock was easily the greatest heel of all time, he was so funny and the fans loved to copy his phrases even as a heel. I've actually never seen anybody have that much success as a heel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pDmAic6Hs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4_5ACqizc&feature=related

I can find em all day :lol:

I'm talking about this heel btw not heel 2003

Edited by STATCity

I respect what Hogan did for wrestling, and I understand he is responsible for putting wrestling on the map, but John Cena, like it or not, is still the Hulk Hogan of this era, the only difference is he isn't a [expletive] backstage. I am not trying to say he is = to Hogan, or Rock/Austin for that matter, but he is still in the discussion of the top 5-10 superstars after those 3, once it is all said and done. He is as close to the complete package as it gets.

As far as him turning heel goes, I think it will still be another year or two personally (or at least i hope so). He isn't quite stale enough yet, he still gets the biggest reactions except in wrestling towns. But when he turns heel, it will be insane. Just them teasing it with this entire Nexus angle the crowds were pretty hot. The problem is right now there aren't enough top faces to justify turning Cena heel. When he turns heel though, it is gonna be pretty crazy I think.

Also, for all the heel talk in this thread, no one touches Triple H IMO. I would kill for him to come back in his sleeveless jean jacket and a sledgehammer in hand in a couple months, but it won't happen. Sounds like he is winding down to eventually take over for Vince. Triple H from 2000 was insane, classic matches, great promos and everyone hated his guts, he was just a slimeball but you knew he could [expletive] up his opponents, not like heels today who are all cowards (fake) The only guys I see in the company with potential to be top heels are Sheamus and Barrett, but both these guys are 30+ already. There just isn't much talent on the roster right now, and with no tag teams or mid card it is hard to develop these stars. It might be time to end the brand split thing, the roster is just really thin right now.

Edited by Check my Stats

I respect what Hogan did for wrestling, and I understand he is responsible for putting wrestling on the map, but John Cena, like it or not, is still the Hulk Hogan of this era, the only difference is he isn't a [expletive] backstage. I am not trying to say he is = to Hogan, or Rock/Austin for that matter, but he is still in the discussion of the top 5-10 superstars after those 3, once it is all said and done. He is as close to the complete package as it gets.

As far as him turning heel goes, I think it will still be another year or two personally (or at least i hope so). He isn't quite stale enough yet, he still gets the biggest reactions except in wrestling towns. But when he turns heel, it will be insane. Just them teasing it with this entire Nexus angle the crowds were pretty hot. The problem is right now there aren't enough top faces to justify turning Cena heel. When he turns heel though, it is gonna be pretty crazy I think.

Also, for all the heel talk in this thread, no one touches Triple H IMO. I would kill for him to come back in his sleeveless jean jacket and a sledgehammer in hand in a couple months, but it won't happen. Sounds like he is winding down to eventually take over for Vince. Triple H from 2000 was insane, classic matches, great promos and everyone hated his guts, he was just a slimeball but you knew he could [expletive] up his opponents, not like heels today who are all cowards (fake) The only guys I see in the company with potential to be top heels are Sheamus and Barrett, but both these guys are 30+ already. There just isn't much talent on the roster right now, and with no tag teams or mid card it is hard to develop these stars. It might be time to end the brand split thing, the roster is just really thin right now.

The Rock made triple h, the only reason people hated triple h was because he feuded with the rock lol same with Jerricho Edited by STATCity

The Rock made triple h, the only reason people hated triple h was because he feuded with the rock lol same with Jerricho

I think Mick Foley made Triple H to be honest, but you could really argue both ways I guess. HHH beat Austin, Rock and Foley all within 365 days IIRC, so it was a combination of things. But HHH in 2000 is one of the greatest heels ever.

Realistically though, Trips was going to be a star one way or another, he was supposed to win KOTR in 96 when Austin wound up winning it. It took a while, and some steroids, but Trips is one of the all-time greats, even though people will berate him for marrying Steph lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV3h34tUIcQ

This gives me chills.That crowd was popped for 5 minutes straight.

Edited by Check my Stats

I think Mick Foley made Triple H to be honest, but you could really argue both ways I guess. HHH beat Austin, Rock and Foley all within 365 days IIRC, so it was a combination of things. But HHH in 2000 is one of the greatest heels ever.

Realistically though, Trips was going to be a star one way or another, he was supposed to win KOTR in 96 when Austin wound up winning it. It took a while, and some steroids, but Trips is one of the all-time greats, even though people will berate him for marrying Steph lol.

Nah he is, but because of DX and I'm not talking about the Shawn Michaels Triple H 2008 DX, I'm talking HHH, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and Chyna, one of the greatest factions ever created.

His feud with mankind came long after his feud with the rock, him and the rock rose through the WWF together competing in intercontinental matches and wwf championship matches together, after rock stone cold feud ended after the first wrestlemania the rock and triple h went at it for like a full year...

Edited by STATCity

• Owner

Seems like every single wrestling YouTube video contains a bunch of Cena hate in the comments, and it's not the "heel hate" that wrestlers get, it's the "he doesn't know how to wrestle or do anything different" hate.

I'm sorry, but I can never, ever stick Cena into the top 10 of all-time. Add female fans, let them buy his merchandise and show me all of the sales, whatever...doesn't make him one of the greatest wrestlers OR entertainers of all-time, just another cash cow with above-average mic skills. Rick Rude without the wrestling skills and the awesome finisher.

As far as HHH goes, I would say Foley, Rock and Flair all had their hand in making him one of the greatest. HHH talked about how he idolized Flair and had plenty of sit-downs with him about how to work matches and the crowd, etc. The Rock and Foley put it all together in the ring and produced some of the greatest matches the fans have ever seen.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I guess...and that includes me. It's not really an opinion...that wrestling is definitely not what it used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV3h34tUIcQ

This gives me chills.That crowd was popped for 5 minutes straight.

tell me that doesn't give you chills - start the video at 3:30, crowd goes INSANE

dam i didnt know wrestling had all these aspects to it, just thought it was 2 dudes who rehearse a fight and that was it :lol:

Wrestling is like a movie, you know its fake, but you don't care. It's fun to watch the storylines play out night after night.

Also when they changed Bradshaw from a badass, clothesline from hell layin, APA mercenary into JBL.

WORST. EVER.

He was amazing on the mic when he became JBL, though.