Dirk early MVP favorite?

Guest STL10

You could make a case for Deron or Dwight as well at this point. It is hard to say, Deron is really having a fantastic year so far.

No love for Dirk...? http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

Deron is in 2nd so far IMO.

You know if the Dirk and Mavs to keep this up and get one of the top 3 or 4 records in the league then I don't see why he shouldn't be the top candidate for the MVP award.

This right here. I do like how we meshing together this year. If we do keep up the good play, I can see him wining it if not at least coming in 2nd and 3rd.

• Owner

The Knicks are going to have to have a .610 winning percentage or higher before I consider Amare the MVP. They are on pace to have a winning season, but less than 50 wins. The streak looks nice, and Amare's personal scoring output is good, but look at what Durant did last season with his 30+ point games, blowing Amare's streak out of the water.

Deron Williams should be the top guy right now and Dwight certainly should be in there along with CP3. If Miami gets things going down the stretch now headed towards the All Star break then you'll have to mention Wade and James as well.

There's always that guy Bryant too.

• Owner

Deron Williams should be the top guy right now and Dwight certainly should be in there along with CP3. If Miami gets things going down the stretch now headed towards the All Star break then you'll have to mention Wade and James as well.

There's always that guy Bryant too.

James and Wade waived their rights to an MVP award when they joined hands in Miami. The likelihood that they win one, being on the same team and putting up big numbers together, has decreased drastically. They'll record split votes, if any, just as Kobe and Shaq did in LA.

Sucks, but that's how the voting goes.

James and Wade waived their rights to an MVP award when they joined hands in Miami. The likelihood that they win one, being on the same team and putting up big numbers together, has decreased drastically. They'll record split votes, if any, just as Kobe and Shaq did in LA.

Sucks, but that's how the voting goes.

It doesn't suck at all. It is how it should be. There is no way in hell that you can give the MVP award to a player when he is on the same team as another top 3 player in the game and another top 15-20 player.

It is why I never complained about Shaq not getting more MVP awards during his prime, even if he had arguably the most dominant prime out of any player in NBA history.

It would be an absolute joke if Wade or James wins an MVP award while they are still playing together, especially if you also have Bosh on the team.

• Owner

It doesn't suck at all. It is how it should be. There is no way in hell that you can give the MVP award to a player when he is on the same team as another top 3 player in the game and another top 15-20 player.

It is why I never complained about Shaq not getting more MVP awards during his prime, even if he had arguably the most dominant prime out of any player in NBA history.

It would be an absolute joke if Wade or James wins an MVP award while they are still playing together, especially if you also have Bosh on the team.

Sucks for the players. I really don't care, lol. I gave up caring about the MVP award a long time ago.

In my opinion, it's a bit early to name 1 name as the MVP. Dwight, Deron and Dirk have been excellent thus far as well as Amare who is making his team so much better. Even when he has an off game, he always catches up and knows how to end the 4th quarter.

All these players that I named have a fair equal chance of winning the MVP.

Yes I believe that right now Dirk is the favorite as well. Dirk is absolutely fantastic this year, he's playing the best basketball of his career. As headliner said he's definitely better than he was when he won MVP. He's a better leader and way better in the clutch.

And he's the best player among the top three teams in the league right now. Now the season is long and we definitely can't say that one player will win the MVP award right now, but so far he is the favorite, no doubt about that.