Shaq going to Turkey?

*Swish*

After bringing Allen Iverson, Besiktas now pushed for the transfer of the Boston Celtics’ star Shaquille O’Neal. Seref Yalcin, GM of the Turkish club, said he was in the United States to meet with the center who said to him: "I want to be champion this season with Boston. But I’m coming to Turkey next year." [...]

“Some people will still come out and said ‘Shaq won’t come to Turkey’,” Yalcin added. “But the chances are very high.”

via Ajjanspor.com

I wouldn't understand that if Shaq really goes to to Turkey. He's still doing good in the NBA. Yeah.. he had a bad free throw (lol) but he's doing good with the Celtics especially since he's playing with Rajon Rondo who gets easy looks for him. Damn I really don't want Shaq to go to Turkey. I'd just prefer him to retire and team up with Charles Barkley for TNT Analysis (gonna be so much funnier)

thoughts?

I heard about this recently too...I think that Shaq actually might play in Turkey next year, but only for like 3-5 games where he would then travel to another country and play for their team until he has gone around Europe. Shaq would still be wanted in the NBA next year barring any great changes so his situation is a lot different to AI and I see no motive of him playing at Turkey alone.

As for him putting on the suit and talk about basketball, I would like to see that too, although not joining the TNT studio crew (Barkley is funny enough) but instead joining the Fan Night crew on NBATV. Now if only Ahmad and GP were still there things would get a lot funnier and a lot crazier. :lol: