What's a tougher challenge for a defense?

The Regime

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that limiting it to quarterbacks isn't enough. Vick is a great runner, and his arm strength is great, but he really isn't super accurate, but his receivers are spectacular. Throw in LeSean McCoy and the Eagles' offense is terrific. However, with Brady, it's a whole lot different. While Green-Ellis and Woodhead are decent runners, neither of them can be counted on to run 20 times a game. Thus, Brady throws a lot, and defenses know it's coming, and yet he still shreds them. That being said, the Patriots have a whole lot of good receivers, to the point where it's tough to cover everyone. Tack on their speed and the receivers get a whole lot of yards after the catch.

So really, it's not enough to ask which quarterback is more of a threat. I guess Vick is, but Brady is still the better quarterback.

Certainly Tom Brady, you keep Vick in the pocket you can take away a lot of his effectiveness, teams just haven't game planned well against Vick, it's about discipline, a well disciplined defense should have no problem stopping Vick. Brady will beat you even when you are doing everything right, he's that good, Brady easily.

teams just haven't game planned well against Vick

Bull[expletive]. He's just a great player, probably the most talented player in the league and he's finally become a true QB. Teams try to gameplan for him but for some reason it never works. That's because he's so damn good that their plans usually fail.

Brady is in a perfect system. I'm not saying he's a system QB, but let's be honest, that offensive system is damn near perfect. Anyone you insert there is going to succeed.

Its a tossup really.

Bull[expletive]. He's just a great player, probably the most talented player in the league and he's finally become a true QB. Teams try to gameplan for him but for some reason it never works. That's because he's so damn good that their plans usually fail.

Brady is in a perfect system. I'm not saying he's a system QB, but let's be honest, that offensive system is damn near perfect. Anyone you insert there is going to succeed.

Its a tossup really.

Incorrect flash even back during his best years if you could keep him cordoned you were good his accuracy is flighty up buy he still throws for 60% that's Brady on a bad day. Keep him in the pocket and make sure your tackles stay disciplined and inside their gaps and you should be able to make him an average QB

Incorrect flash even back during his best years if you could keep him cordoned you were good his accuracy is flighty up buy he still throws for 60% that's Brady on a bad day. Keep him in the pocket and make sure your tackles stay disciplined and inside their gaps and you should be able to make him an average QB

The thing is though, that you can't always keep him in the pocket even if you try because he's that good and that athletic. That's part of the reason as to why he's such a threat. While its been done before, more times than not he gets outside and makes things happen.

I agree that yeah if you execute the gameplan well enough that yes, he can be contained but that gameplan isn't always going to work because Vick is such a tremendous talent.

The thing is though, that you can't always keep him in the pocket even if you try because he's that good and that athletic. That's part of the reason as to why he's such a threat. While its been done before, more times than not he gets outside and makes things happen.

I agree that yeah if you execute the gameplan well enough that yes, he can be contained but that gameplan isn't always going to work because Vick is such a tremendous talent.

Of course that's tough I'm not denying that that's why he's having such a great year but if the defense executes he can be stopped. As for Brady hes so incredibly accurate and is such a great QB that if he's on you can't stop him you just have to limit the damage as best you can.

I voted Vick just because when he is on target with his passes he is very very good, and when you add his legs into that equation he is unstoppable. Brady is a beast no doubt about it but imo Vicks legs give him the slight edge over Brady.

Tossup is the absolute perfect word for this.

Its a tossup really.

Disagree completely with that. He doesn't ave any great WR's. Wes Welker was nothing until he came to the Pats and met Tom Brady. Brady and the Pats made that guys career. Who else they got? Some rookies? An older SB MVP Deion Branch, who, without Brady, has not had a spectacular career...

Come on now, Brady's done more with less then any quarterback in NFL History. He's really never had a great back, and besides Moss, who lets not forget never won a SB with the Pats, has never had great WR's.

Brady is arguably the best to ever play the position. He throws the best ball I've ever seen, that's definitely for damn sure.

So if I was a coach, I'd pick Tom Brady as more difficult to stop. Brady & Coaching Staff that is. The better coaching staff obviously so their counter to what you did would be even harder to plan for. Vick would be pretty damn tough as well, just based soley on speed, not really any type of x's and o's.

The Giants pinched the edges and forced him into the pocket all game, blitzed their safeties up the middle, and held him to under 300 yards (292) of offense and one short TD scamper (83 QB rating, 3.1 YPC). If not for that pitch to McCoy that beat Osi's fingertips by a millimeter and broke a 4th and 1 for a 50+ yard TD... ahhhh!

Sorry to ramble, but I think the Giants had a great gameplan for him and they contained him well. Rush the ends wide and deep, force him into the pocket, and blitz middle. Coverage has to be great for it to work, but it can/does work.

But, now that I said that, he's going to rape the Giants next game and make me look dumb.

Anyways, for the sake of this thread, I like Brady.

Edited by IllWill21™

Certainly Tom Brady, you keep Vick in the pocket you can take away a lot of his effectiveness, teams just haven't game planned well against Vick, it's about discipline, a well disciplined defense should have no problem stopping Vick. Brady will beat you even when you are doing everything right, he's that good, Brady easily.

i was going to say Vick... but this (^) just makes a whole lot of sense.