Michael Jordan trying to acquire Carmelo

Refusing to sign an extension is in concept a no trade clause, why would a team trade huge pieces just to get Melo for 3/4 of a year?

Did you not read the part where Jordan is trying to save their season...?

Did you not read the part where Jordan is trying to save their season...?

Of course I did, it's in bold, sort of hard to miss. Clearing up the fact of why Melo OKing a trading is important if you're looking to acquire and him and why he does have a no trade clause in a sense.

Of course I did, it's in bold, sort of hard to miss. Clearing up the fact of why Melo OKing a trading is important if you're looking to acquire and him and why he does have a no trade clause in a sense.

Using that logic teams would never trade for free agent bound players during the trade deadline.

A la Cliff Lee...

Using that logic teams would never trade for free agent bound players during the trade deadline.

A la Cliff Lee...

They would, but they wouldn't give up what the Nuggets will likely demand for Melo.

What the Rangers gave up for Lee is funny. It made sense.

They would, but they wouldn't give up what the Nuggets will likely demand for Melo.

What the Rangers gave up for Lee is funny. It made sense.

Jordan is a crazy guy.

He drafted Kwame Brown #1 overall, and he signed him to his current team as well.

I bet he does whatever he can to get Melo...

A la Cliff Lee...

You're comparing 2 different sports and 2 different teams, laughable. The Rangers were a playoff contender Charlotte is not. The NBA has a lot less parity than the MLB as well.

In the deal that had supposedly been sealed that had Melo going to the Nets, Charlotte was reportedly giving up Diaw and Augustin at one point. I suppose those two could be considered as pieces if the Bobcats were in a direct deal with Denver where they were getting Anthony.

Refusing to sign an extension is in concept a no trade clause, why would a team trade huge pieces just to get Melo for 3/4 of a year?

they're nothing alike, actually. having a no trade clause allows the player to a reject any deal. Melo, however, has no choice at all. to say no team would trade for a half year of Melo is also ridiculous.

they're nothing alike, actually. having a no trade clause allows the player to a reject any deal. Melo, however, has no choice at all. to say no team would trade for a half year of Melo is also ridiculous.

How many teams would trade for a half year of Melo and have it make sense for them?

Bobcats...

How does it make sense for Bobcats? This trade would make them a 7 8 seed at best which makes them a first exit again, and then Melo leaves, trade makes 0 sense for them if he doesn't sign extension. S Jax Melo G Wall vs Wade LeBron Bosh lol and Miami is better at PG and C if this trade actually went down.

I don't know; there's really no way of knowing for sure. I still think there would be at least a couple teams willing to make it happen.

At the right price, sure. At the price the Nugs would likely require and then no extension? Probably not.

If the Nugs want Favors, Harris, and a pick from the Nets... There is little the Cats can offer to come even remotely close to that, and they'd be dumb to give the package for a rental regardless.

I'd like to see Melo say no to Michael when he puts that extension offer in front of him.

dude, Melo wants to play in New York. why would he sign with Charlotte when he could play in his home state with Amare and potentially CP3? bigger market, more endorsements, good for his wife. he's gonna be a Knick by the start of next season.