Chad Ford: Charlotte interested in Hamiton

headliner

Chad Ford of ESPN.com writes that the Bobcats may be one team that has genuine interest in acquiring Richard Hamilton from the Pistons.

"Pistons have been close on a few things with Rip, almost landed Tyson Chandler this summer ... but he's not helping himself right now," Ford wrote in a chat on Wednesday.

"I think Charlotte is one of the few teams out there with genuine interest."

Hamilton is averaging 14 points and 2.5 assists for Detroit this season. He is making $12,500,000 in 2010-11.

ESPN.com

Plus they already have two starting wing players in Steven Jackson and Gerald Wallace. I'm assuming they are probably looking to ship Steven Jackson, if anything. Hamilton has already made it clear in the past that he isn't coming off the bench, and neither Jackson or Wallace are bench players at this point in their careers. This wont go anywhere.

Edited by Confidence

Well the Bobcats are the ultimate treadmill team, so they might as well get the ultimate treadmill player in Hamilton. He isn't good enough to make a difference but isn't bad enough to make you a top 5 lottery team and he does all of this while making just enough money to make it virtually impossible to add any legitimate pieces.

Sounds like the perfect move for the perfect treadmill team.

I didn't want to make a completely different topic so I thought I would just bump this one. It looks like Ben Gordon is going to start for the Pistons at sg the rest of the way. Pretty smart move for the Pistons. In four starts this season, Gordon averaged 20.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.0 steals.

With that said look for Hamilton to be traded pretty soon, but I still don't think it will be the Bobcats just because they don't have the pieces to make it happen.

I think MJ is just disappointed at the teams performance thus far and wants some sort of change to the season and maybe getting Hamilton would be a good deal for Hamilton and the Bobcats.

how would it be a good deal for Charlotte? they already have Stephen Jackson, who's under contract for another two years after this season. trading for Hamilton would give them two players who play the same position for about the same amount of money over the same amount of years.